• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Yet another Grendel build

Since selling my 16" Odin barreled upper, I've been watching market and deciding on another hunting barrel. Had a customer place an order for an 18" AA barrel and brake.

Order came in, and long story short, he couldn't pay..
    Instead of sending it back, for the great price I figured I would throw another upper togather and see if this barrel will for the bill for a hunting build.

BCM upper
    18" AA barrel
    Huge AA brake (verdict is out on this beast)
    Monster bolt
    MI Gen 2 SS handguard
    Toolcraft NiB BCG
    BCM mod 4 charging handle
    Low profile GB with melonite tube (my first Grendel without an AGB, little nervous, but my father's AA Upper runs flawlessly)

Stag Lower
    Geissele SSA-E trigger
    Geissele Super 42 spring/buffer
    Ergo grip
    Magpul Stock (STR??)

Currently wearing the ADM mount/Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 that normally sits on my 30 Rem AR.
    Attached Files
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Did you Cerakote or paint the barrel? That muzzle break sure adds to the overall length.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      Did you Cerakote or paint the barrel? That muzzle break sure adds to the overall length.
      The barrel is actually from a complete 18" AA Upper. It came black.

Yeah, not quite sure what to make of the brake.. it's almost as big as a can... Haven't had time to shoot it yet, but an A2 is Probobly in this barrels future. I don't have any kicking around in the AA thread pitch, otherwise I would have used that instead.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Ahhh I remember when AA sold that barrel in black finish. My J&T 6.5 Grendel has the same pitch as your AA barrel. My J&T came with a Double Star Phantom Flash Hider. It’s a little longer than A-2 FH but is effective as a FH and I don’t mind the looks. Never saw a need or want to buy anything else for an AR barrel than an A-2 FH.

Comment

Working...
        X