• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tex Nomex
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

New Member from Philadelphia

Hello from the Philadelphia 'burbs!

I've been lurking your sight while contemplating my first Grendel AR build. I've decided to re-barrel what is currently an 18" heavy-barrel 6.8 SPCII AR with a lighter 18" 6.5G barrel. It'll be used mostly for paper at this time, but will later see some deer and hogs from time to time whenever I travel South to visit family.

Just like for the 6.8, I'll be reloading.

I have an Alexander Arms barrel in AA order limbo at the moment, but am thinking of chucking it for the Faxon Firearms barrel and bolt group buys here on the site if delivery times are can beat AA.

I'm pretty hyped for this build.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Tex Nomex! Post pictures of your 6.5 Grendel when you get it done.

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Tex Nomex from North Texas. Let me see if I've got this right, TEX from Philadelphia?

Comment

• Tex Nomex
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Texas View Post
        Welcome to the forum Tex Nomex from North Texas. Let me see if I've got this right, TEX from Philadelphia?
        Heh. Yeah. The name's evolved over time. I used to do a lot of track days when I lived down in the Southeast. Started out as Speed Racer-> Racer X -> Rex -> Rex Nomex -> Tex Nomex. So it has nothing to do with Texas or Mexico or food. It's about driving and flame retardant. Just friends morphing a theme. It became "Tex" when I got to Philadelphia and they couldn't place my mild Atlanta accent...

My brother's wife is from the Lone Star State if that helps.
        "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

Working...
        X