• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Verdict in on CZ 527 6.5 Grendel.

Folks,

Verdict is on the CZ 527 I sent in for repairs. FAIL, it failed technical specs, and accuracy was not to standards. They asked if I wanted a replacement rifle I declined. I want a refund. A2
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

a2,
    Sad to hear of the fail but I'm glad they owned up and finally followed thru.
    I completely understand your request for refund.
    You can now decide on which way you want to go now, that's good.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

Gray,

Its a GD shame, it was a beautiful rifle. They might not let me do the refund, if they do not, I will put the rifle up for sale. Howa all the way. A2

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

I cannot complain about my CZ but it was worked over by a good gunsmith in becoming a Grendel. Cost a bit more as his part was about $950 including an Obermeyer barrel but she is a shooter.

Good luck with the Howa, hope it exceeds your expectations.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

kmon,

I am so happy with my 2 Howa's. Might get a 3rd! A2

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

My howa is doing well by me also. Didn't want to say much b/c it's your decision but def like the howa in the bolt action.
            Get this thing all behind you and go do some shootin'!!!
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Sorry to hear about your experience with the CZ, and I'm hopeful they will make good on your refund.

You and others are peaking my interest in a Howa.

Just as an aside, I've bought two CZ rifles. One, a 550 Varminter in .308, and the other, a 527 in .223.

I still have the .308, and it is a true joy to shoot. It is the single most accurate and precise weapon in my safe.

The 527, on the other hand, didn't last 6 months. There were little things, like a non-standard mini action, a bolt handle which interfered with scope caps, and an inadequate cheek weld. The real deal breaker, though, was poor accuracy. From day one I should have known, because the factory proof target was a meager 1.5 moa.

I guess QC and consistency are still giving the CZ USA brand some trouble.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                Warrior
                • Aug 2015

Nuggin,

I agree, I cannot speak for the mini actions in other calibers. But the Howa is WAY ahead of CZ. IF I get a refund, I am going to invest in another Howa. Probably a spare heavy barrel action. Even in the heavy barrel the action is light. I have had CZ heavy barrel rifles that shot as accurate as any other, but this was a joke. A2

Comment

• Drift
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2014

Sorry to hear that about your 527. Does CZ not still include a target with the rifle? To show if the rifle shoots well?

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2015

Drift,

They did, but I bet they used a paper whole punch lol. A2

Comment

• Waynejessie
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                      Sorry to hear that about your 527. Does CZ not still include a target with the rifle? To show if the rifle shoots well?
                      It’s not a proof of accuracy target. They are function targets and nothing more. Long guns as well as their handguns are put in a vise and fired for function testing. Of the 20 CZ weapons I own none ever came with impressive function targets. They do shoot quite well though.

Comment

• jkingrph
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
                        Folks,

Verdict is on the CZ 527 I sent in for repairs. FAIL, it failed technical specs, and accuracy was not to standards. They asked if I wanted a replacement rifle I declined. I want a refund. A2

What kind of technical specs, and what is accuracy standard for this rifle?

I like mine, and with that long slender rifle I know it's not a target or varmite grade, but basically a nice little hunting rifle. If I can hit a coke size can at 100 yards it's fine for hunting, and mine is better than that.
                        Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2015

jk,

The rifles receiver is out of spec, they would not elaborate. I have 2 routes I can take, accept a rifle that has been fired by the folks at CZ here in the US. Or a refund, I liked the CZ, I loved the walnut and blue steel. A2

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2015

jk,

Well I talked to the folks at CZ. I was assured by their gunsmith, that when they get my replacement rifle. That it will be accuracy tested. So, it will be a while because they do not have a replacement available. I will wait, A2

Comment

• Waynejessie
                              Bloodstained
                              • Aug 2017

I ain’t no CZ newbie. If you want to seriously sell your replacement 527 I am your huckleberry. I can maker her shoot .5. @ 100 yards all day long. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X