• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Best adjustable gas block?

Im in need of a low profile adjustable gas block... .936 for my grendel.. got 1.75 inside diameter on my handguard... whats the herd say is good to get?
    Last edited by Sniper338; 12-05-2017, 06:32 PM.
  • 82HALO
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Really like the SLR on mine! They do make them in all sizes!

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Just got through this on one of my Bull Barrels. I changed the hand guard to an M-Lok, low pro and my AGB wouldn't fit.

I ended up with a Superlative Arms bleed off type. I like that it adjusts from the front, so as to avoid disassembly while tuning.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PVBoom
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

In AR-land there are a lot of SLA fans. Superlative Arms fans also. I ordered an SA and a Seekins. No experience yet (not built).

Comment

• molar
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by 82HALO View Post
          Really like the SLR on mine! They do make them in all sizes!
          SLR is best no doubt

Comment

• Sniper338
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

This is kind of what I thought..

SLR or superlative...

where as the superlative is no where in stock anywhere Ive found them, plus I keep reading loss of velocity stories do to the bleed off instead of restricting flow of gas.

leaning towards the SLR .936 standard one... not the titainium... as weight isnt a factor.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

What handguard do you have? The brigand arms is 1.75" diameter and being that it is round their isn't the channel at the top to accommodate the size of some of the gas blocks. A slr only leaves 0.077" of space between the top of the gas block and the ba handguard which i feared was a little tight so I chose the superlative which gave a little more clearance. If you have a handguard like midwest industries suppressor compatible with 1.75" diameter your fine.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sniper338 View Post
                This is kind of what I thought..

SLR or superlative...

where as the superlative is no where in stock anywhere Ive found them, plus I keep reading loss of velocity stories do to the bleed off instead of restricting flow of gas.

leaning towards the SLR .936 standard one... not the titainium... as weight isnt a factor.
                They were in stock a mere three weeks ago, so I think Santa's elves are busy stuffing stockings for all the good little hunters.

I've also read where MV can be slightly affected, but there is an answer to that.

For the first 4.5 turns, the Superlative works the same as any other adjustable gas block, restricting flow. In this range (where I set mine) no gas is vented and, therefore, no loss of pressure in the bore.

At 4.5 turns, it is wide open - aka normal gas block.

From 4.5 on, it progressively vents gas forward. This is where some minor MV loss has been reported, but people with suppressors seem to enjoy this aspect the most, as it reduces back pressure, of which a significant portion ends up in the receiver or ones' face.

Aside from that, the biggest thing I like about this is that the adjusting screw doesn't actually block any hot gasses and so does not erode like a couple of other AGB's I've had.

One other option to consider is getting a regular low profile .936" gas block (abundant, right now) and go with a Rubber City Armory adjustable gas key. I had to do this on one rifle, as the handguard was just this much too small for any adjustable gas blocks I could find. Still working like a charm after 2.5 years.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

I have SLR, JP, Odin and Superlative adjustable gas blocks. The Superlative was the last one I bought, and it will be the only brand I buy in the future. The bleed off helps with both recoil and system timing
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• chowser51
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2017

Built mine with the superlative arms bleeder. Will test fire this weekend using my 762SDN6.

Comment

• ItsRainingLead
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2017

I went with Superlative Arms. I like that it has a bleed option if/when I put a can on, and a restrictive option just like any other adjustable block.

Comment

• chowser51
                        Unwashed
                        • Oct 2017

Comment

• munchie3409
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2016

I've only ever used the SLR.

Comment

• tracker12
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Will the Superlative Arms fit a FF Forearm.
                            AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

Working...
                            X