Clear All
  • Dadof4girls
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

Opinion on loads

• fdbyrne78
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

The two bullets you are considering are on the extreme opposite ends of the weight range. Maybe you should consider using something in the middle if you're going to be shooting everything from bobcat to deer from 10 to 450 yards.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Dadof4girls
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2017

The 130 VLD hunting bullet. And yes it is. I would really like a Berger in 95 but they quit making them.
        The bullets will mainly be used on deer but varmints make good target practice

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

You'll find several good options in the 120-123 gr range (even a 118 gr MKZ LFP bullet...). Also consider getting the 2 Grendel handbooks vol. 1 and vol 2, they have a lot of hunting info bullet discussions etc.
          My choice is the 123 sst, but there are others as well. I load it to ~2510 ft/sec.
          Don't forget the ammo and reloading part of this forum...
          Discuss 6.5 Grendel handloading data as well as official SAAMI 6.5 Grendel factory ammunition. Any new threads about specific bullets or powders should have that name in the title, otherwise add to existing threads dedicated to specific bullets or powders.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

I’ve been reloading the 100 gr Nosler bt with great results.

I too like lighter pills.
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Dadof4girls
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2017

Comment

• Schrambo
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

The 105gr MKZ shoots well (.458) in my 11.5" Lilja, and the 118gr MKZ shoots better in my 16 Lilja (.445)... Looking for a an Elk/Moose load in the shortest barrel... 11.5 - 12.5"...

I want to make the Nosler 129g ABLR work to 300 yd.. May the best bullet win....

It's been a challenge, but I think I'm getting close...

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

I like the 129gr Nosler ABLR, at 2500fps from my rifles. Though I never had a problem killing critters, hogs, deer and coyotes with the 123gr SST or A-Max.

The LRAB tends to open very quickly with good damage internally then punch through for a good exit wound. The 125 Nosler Partition is another tough bullet for the Grendel and the lighter version 100gr will work well for deer. Their BC isn't that high but they will work well until velocity drops below 1900fps.
                  Don't discount the Nosler Ballistic tip 120gr either for a Grendel hunting bullet or the Sierra game kings also good cup and core bullets that behave well at GRR velocities.

Comment

Working...
                  X