• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Thanks CB.
    I have both of those Hornady 6.8 varieties and know their differences (as well as 4 other 6.8 brands), others however may not know, thanks for posting.
    I think the bulk AA/Midsouth may have slightly smaller capacity than the Hornady, due to the net difference in their average weights.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
      If you are running max loads in one case and switch to another brand with less capacity you could have issues. Even Hornady has 2 different head stamps for 6.8 brass that are at opposite ends of the case volume spread.
      Very good point. You hit the nail on the head!!

Comment

• RiverRider
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

I have on my shelves a coffee can full of 6mm Remington brass, all R-P headstamp. I can identify three different minor variations in the headstamps of this brass.There is a variation of 20 grains PLUS between the heaviest and lightest cases. Now granted, since I do not know the era of manufacture of all these different cases I'm not about to make the case that Remington's QC is that bad, but I would suggest that weighing a sample of any new batch of brass is not a bad idea at all. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that if I was to just load up all that R-P 6mm brass with my developed data, there would be problems of some kind---and possibly very serious problems---and it's just not necessary to go through that. Whether or not this much variation is ever to be seen in Grendel brass, it beats me. But I'd sure take a few simple steps to avoid a surprise.

Comment

• En4cr
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2014

I actually just bought some and it arrived last week. I just haven't a chance to load and test. From what I can tell it the samples that I have looked at appear to be the same weight as the AA branded Lapua and the Hornady branded. I couldn't pass up the price

Comment

Working...
          X