Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB E-Lander magazines

I bought two C-products from Brownells last month and they don't feed for shit. The follower doesn't stay level so the bolt ride over the round instead of picking it up. These have the blue followers. Anyone know how to fix them?
    Last edited by 65Whelen; Yesterday at 03:44 PM.

Chieftain
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    I bought two C-products from Brownells last month and they don't feed for shit. The follower doesn't stay level so the bolt ride over the round instead of picking it up. These have the blue followers. Anyone know how to fix them?
    In my experience the feed lips are improperly positioned. Some times one side of the feed lips will be bent to low and not release the cartridge so it can feed up into the barrel extension. Occassionally the magazine will fail to feed from one side. I use needle nose pliers to bend the feed lip of the bad side to match the good side.

If neither side of the mag will feed, compare the feed lips of the faulty mag to a good mag. Bend the feed lips on the bad mag to match a good mag. Normally the feed lips are bent down to far where the cartridge is held level whereas the top cartridge should have an upward attitude on the nose of the bullet. Go slow and test feeding as you adjust feed lips, many times only takes a minor tweak.