• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rphicks46
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

A Texas Howdy from Colorado

Howdy,

I'm a retired native Texan that moved to the Wet Mountain Valley in Colorado (at 8800 ft.) 6 years ago.

I just joined and also just bought a Grendel upper for my AR15 lowers. I ordered a Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendal Type II upper with a 20" nitride 4150 straight fluted heavy 1:8.5R twist barrel, rifle length gas system, side charging handle, and 15" M-Lok handguard.

I currently have a .223/5.56 AR and a 300 AAC BO AR, both built up pretty much the same. I'll probably share the new Grendel upper with the lower on my 300 BO - for a while anyway.

I reload and am anxious to see what the Grendel reloaders here might share.

Good shooting,
    Randy
  • IceAxe
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Welcome from the front slope!

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Welcome aboard! I took 69 from Cotapaxi down to I25 about a month ago. Absolutely stunning country through there. Looks like you should have plenty of room to stretch the Grrrs legs to the limit
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum rphicks46!

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Welcome to the Horde. There are a couple of very good reloading data books available at http://www.arbuildbox.com those were put together by some members of this forum and contain a wealth of information.

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum rphicks42 from North Texss.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

rphicks46, welcome to the Clan, from the Great Nation of Texas! You will enjoy the Grendel. It scratches a lot of itch! Be sure to get vol's 1 and 2 of the Grendel book.

Comment

• rphicks46
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2017

Texas, (great name BTW)

I'm from Fort Worth, born and raised - and 65 years there. What area are you in?

Comment

• rphicks46
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                  Welcome to the Horde. There are a couple of very good reloading data books available at http://www.arbuildbox.com those were put together by some members of this forum and contain a wealth of information.
                  I can relate to the MetroMess, Kmon. I'll check out that website, thanks.

Comment

• rphicks46
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                    Welcome aboard! I took 69 from Cotapaxi down to I25 about a month ago. Absolutely stunning country through there. Looks like you should have plenty of room to stretch the Grrrs legs to the limit
                    Great drive... those magnificent mountains are why I'm here!

Comment

• Armadillo66
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2017

Howdy neighbor, I live over near La Garita on the west side of the SLV 35 miles across the valley from The Sand Dunes park entrance. Have a good friend, Country musician Donovan Lee who was living in Westcliffe for a long time, in Canon now. Lots fo beautiful big mulies in the Sangre between the Westcliffe airport in the wet valley and Crestone on the west slope of the Sangre De Cristo. I too am getting a 6.5 Grendel to hunt in Colorado with 1508133_10205236566932776_2172094047411743598_n.jpg

Comment

• Texas
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by rphicks46 View Post
                        Texas, (great name BTW)

I'm from Fort Worth, born and raised - and 65 years there. What area are you in?
                        North Fannin County, Ivanhoe. Worked in Ft Worth for three years at North Texas Medical School

Comment

Working...
                        X