• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

6.5 Grendel Starline Brass

I heard that Grendel Starline brass is to be released by the end January 2018
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

They confirmed it was coming. Good to have a date.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Six5x39
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

niceeeee

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

good to read this, I like some Starline brass or at least all I have used has ben good brass for the price paid

Comment

• lrgrendel
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

So has any one used Starline brass in other calibers?
            Who is it compared to regarding consistency, how many reloads are guys getting before getting neck splitting or loose primer pockets?

Prices of Creedmoor are excellent!

Comment

• 41bear
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
              Who is it compared to regarding consistency, how many reloads are guys getting before getting neck splitting or loose primer pockets?

I've used Starline in 41 Mag, 44Mag, 45/70, and 32/20. In 32/20 it's the only brass I'll use because it stands up reloading 100 % better than Winchester(thin neck wall leading to crushed necks and only one or two reloads). I find it's somewhat heavier case wise in all that I've used so far so when I try it in 6.5 Grendel I'll compare it to Hornady for my use.

In 32/20 I'm on my 6th/7th reload and have yet to lose a case, I load it fairly hot (35 - 40,000 psi) with H110 and LitGun. I really like it and plan on using it for my Grendel too.
              Last edited by 41bear; 12-08-2017, 10:49 AM.
              "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• pinzgauer
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

In pistol calibers many use Starline by choice. (I do, for 10mm and 41 mag)

I'll happily use it if it becomes available in Grendel and is reasonable in cost. (What you doing will be, that's their thing)

I would not position it as premium brass like Lapua, but certainly would consider it the equal of Hornady or similar in most cases.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

I love Starline Brass in 44 Magnum. It holds up really well and lasts for many re-loads. I've never used it in bottle neck calibers though.
                    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Cornbread
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2015

Starline brass was just released for 6.8. Early reports are durable but less capacity than others. Nice to have options but I would caution folks who have loads worked up in other brass to be careful and reduce your charge weights and work up to max.

Comment

• Boostmeister
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2014

I use Starline brass in my .454 Casull exclusively as they hold up to high pressure loads (much better than I do). I have loaded some of the brass 11 times and it shows no sign of loose primer pockets or degradation of any kind. Great product.

Comment

• Austkare
                          Unwashed
                          • Nov 2017

+1 on the Starline. I have their 10mm brass and it's high quality. I won't hesitate to buy some 6.5 if they produce it.

Comment

• Kilco
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2016

I use starline in 10mm, 357 Sig, and 6.8 SPC and have had awesome results with all.

The 6.8 brass is very thick and rugged, and I'm assuming the Grendel brass will be similar. I caution everyone moving from Lapua or Hornady brass to do a separate load workup with the starline.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2017

I have had many starline brass in 44 mag split with just standard loads.....some were new, some loaded 3-5 times....

Comment

Working...
                              X