• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Does this imply the Hornady brass might be lasting as long as the lapua? (That would be a good thing!)
    No, I think it more likely that it implies LRRPF52's memory is not as good as the collective Horde's. (J/K!!!)

In fact, if I may speculate, it probably means he has not lost any to split necks, walls, etc. This does not preclude him culling brass as age and wear warrants. I seem to recall LRRPF52 mention upwards of 10 loads, but Lapua still has 20x or more loads, as reported by some.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by pinzgauer View Post
      Does this imply the Hornady brass might be lasting as long as the lapua? (That would be a good thing!)
      I've had one Lapua case with a split neck and none since. My Lapua brass comes out looking almost new with my CFE223 load under 123gr AMAX or SST.

I chalk that one up to using Imperial sizing wax before switching to spray-on case lube before sizing, or maybe a piece of brass that was from a pressure ladder that went way over the max.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Ditcher
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Since I been avoiding the ASC 10 mag with the hornady everything has been great. Still funny how the Wolf ammo function perfect with the ASC 10rd mag.
        I need to try some E-Landers.

Comment

Working...
        X