• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnumadic
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Hello from NW Georgia/Chattanooga, TN

Hi, new member here from the metro-Chattanooga area. I built my first black rifle this summer with a .223 Wylde chamber. A couple of my boys said they want to deer hunt with me next year. I usually take my bolt gun in 7mm-08, but started thinking about the versatility of AR platform (plus I really wanted to do another build). So I picked up a stripped lower on Black Friday with the intent of building a 6.5 Grendel hunting rig. It isn't the cheapest way to the woods but I think it'll be very satisfying!
  • Troutguide
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

You'll love it. Have fun with the build but be careful I'm already well into my 3rd Grendel and I started in January. Hoping to get reloading supplies for Christmas. I'm hooked.
    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

gnumadic - Welcome to the Clan, from the Great Nation of Texas! You will enjoy the Grendal. But, be warned! They breed! Put one in a dark room for a while and there will be two. Then, they become like rabbits, everywhere you look there will be another one. Then you will discover that either a bolt Grendel or an MSR Grendel can be just as much fun! And then the emotional discussions with the Capital committee really get started! Best of luck to you. PS - the good news is that there is no cure!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum gnumadic!

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum gnumadic. There is something very satisfing about hunting with a rifle you assemble. The 6.5 Grendel should be ideal for Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X