• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sean Boburk
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

hello from Texas

New to the Grendel. I have upgraded and built an AR or two. Recently my GF said she would hunt hogs with me...stumbled on the Grendel when trying to find something for her to use without a lot of kick, or the weight of an AR10...and here I am.

Sean
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Sean (Sean Boburk)! Sounds like agood plan, let us know how the GF likes the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Sean Boburk
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2017

Thanks, will do. This weekend she shot my 5.56 that I had assembled. She seemed to like it. Less recoil than my 6.5CM she was shooting.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Sean from North Texas
        You will be impressed how well the Grendel deals with pigs.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Sean, welcome to the Clan! What part of Texas are you in? There is a significant following of all things Grendel here in the north of Dallas area. We all know that your GF will like the Grendel, how long after you create hers until you find that you need one too?

Comment

• Sean Boburk
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
            Sean, welcome to the Clan! What part of Texas are you in? There is a significant following of all things Grendel here in the north of Dallas area. We all know that your GF will like the Grendel, how long after you create hers until you find that you need one too?
            Thanks.

I live near Wichita Falls. I used to hunt the river near Waurika a lot. My GF's family has a ranch near Munday. That is where I do most of my hunting now. Time is more limited now than it used to be...so I don't get as much time behind the gun as I used to.

Funny...I kinda have two builds in mind. Plan is 18-20 inch barrels. Prefer SS so I don't have to worry about wiping it down right away if we get wet...but got a black Friday deal on a 18" black BCA barrel, so have that barrel already.

First one I already have just about everything except the bolt for it, and have it assembled (Anderson lower/rear charging upper, BCA barrel w/thread protector, Toolcraft bolt carrier, 15" free float handguard, magpul CTR stock, MOE+ pistol grip...cant remember what trigger I put in it...CMC or POF). I have a Nikon prostafff BDC and cheap PRP mount I will move to it once it is done (its on the .223 Wylde now).

The second one I have the lower assembled (Anderson, magpul MOE stock and pistol grip, whichever trigger is not in the other build...lol), and a side charging BCA upper. I ordered a .223 side charging BCG for it <they have been out of the Grendel for awhile, and I got impatient>, so just need to order a Grendel bolt and a barrel (I think), then assemble the upper, and it will be done. Still have not figured out the optics yet. I have a large bell <50mm> prostaff 5 I planned to use, but the ATN on my .308 crapped out...so it might go on my AR10 until I get the ATN serviced (software problem).

Sean

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Software - a disease looking for an opportunity!
              My older grandson and I did some dove and hog huntin' just out of Knox City a few years ago. I suspect that I passed thru Munday. Good hunting country. Looks like you are a prime candidate for Grendel fever. It is very pervasive and highly contageious and there is no cure. The itch can be scratched with periodic applications of aromatic gunpowder but the relief is only temporary.
              Enjoy the addiction, it isn't all bad!

Comment

• Sean Boburk
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

I stopped by a new gun store In Wichita Falls yesterday...they had Grendel ammo in the shelf. Heh

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

Welcome from north Texas!

Don't forget www.ammoseek.com is a good source to help find ammo as well.
                  Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                  My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• IescapedCali
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2017

Welcome to the forum, from Nevada. I envy all you TX guys, and your hog "problems", and Whitetails.

Comment

Working...
                    X