• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swling
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Zeroed In Armory Quality

Hello All,

I have been looking around at uppers and come across a gunbroker listing for a fairly affordable (less that $270) upper for 16" Grendel Uppers from Zeroed in Armory. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or recommendations for or against them. Thank you for you time.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I had never heard of Zeroed In Armory and their website was under construction. ZIA has a Facebook page and from reading a couple threads sounds like they have been in business since at least 2016. After looking at their FB page it appears they sell numerous firearms and uppers. Really hard to tell if they are selling uppers assembled by BCA or other manufacturer. I doubt they are manufacturing any AR-15 components.

If I were in your situation I would contact ZIA via facebook and see if they will disclose the source for their barrels/uppers. I bet they are using Bear Creek Arsenal or other manufacturer. The bolt carrier group plus charging handle option is $99 so probably BCA, Brownell’s or Tool Craft.

In my opinion your paying someone to assemble you an upper. With the ease of installing many of the M-Lok or Keymod hand guards it is not difficult to assemble your own upper. At least if I assemble my own I know the fit of the barrel to upper, quality of barrel and choice of hand guard.

If you encounter a problem can you easily get a hold of ZIA. Me, I would rather buy a Bear Creek Arsenal upper from BCA, Primary Arms or Midway USA with proven customer service.

The heart of any AR-15 is the barrel and it is usually the most important component for me when it comes to AR-15’s. There have been many 6.5 Grendel barrels for sale for less than $200. BCA was selling 6.5 Grendel barrels for less than $100 during the Thanksgiving holliday.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-13-2017, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• ty_hooper12
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

I would try and contact them like VASCAR said and see if they will provide source info. Also, like VASCAR said, building one yourself might be a better option for you for the simple fact of the peace of mind in knowing the components you put in, even if you have to space the build out waiting for some spare cash. It took me 7-8 months to do my entire Grendel build, but it was worth the wait, without a doubt.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

I have a Classic barrel made by BCA, seems to shoot pretty well, if nothing else I would compare prices between the two.

IF I was ever to build another AR, a BCA sidecharger would be kind of fun too...

Building is a riot though, I don't think I would ever buy an assembled one. There is some tool investment though.

Comment

Working...
        X