• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Not a Grendel but

Moderators please delete if not appropriate

Keith Warren shows us a lot of his knowledge or lack there of in this hunt video.

If you shoot a 50 or have been around one, the statement if he missed the deer but came close enough to her that the bullet sucked out her eyes and killed the doe instantly. I say BS to that idea.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Not a smart statement on his part. I can't believe he hasn't pulled the video.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Nomad636
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2016

I'm going to assume he shot her through the eyes.... That's the only thing that I can think happened. I've seen other videos posted by Demolition Ranch showing the 50bmg shooting next to a piece of paper and the paper doesn't move when the projectile passes it.

Any other thoughts as to what happened? Clearly in the video you see a little bit of brain matter and fur spray from the shot.... Am I missing something here?Capture.JPG
      Last edited by Nomad636; 12-14-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

I think a lot of that white mist in the air is emptying of the sinus cavities and mist from the eyes popping. I sot a golfball sitting on top of the black target board at 50 yards when we sighted in a friends 50. Looked like I center punched the golfball and all we found of it was white a white plastic half circle imbedded in the target board. I could see a mist effect from the bullet hitting the eyes as liquid as much liquid as they contain

Comment

• Nomad636
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2016

This is the video I'm referring to.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
            Warrior
            • Aug 2015

Yea,

I have lost respect for Warren, a .50 BMG on a deer? My tallywhacker is bigger than yours? How childish. Whats next a German 88 on a coyote? A2

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Nomad636 View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHpe5Z93wM

This is the video I'm referring to.
              I started to post that video with the one I posted. Good addition to the thread

A2 Warren lost me a long time ago. Everything he is being paid to pimp is the best thing there is even if it is a substandard product. A lot of what he has said I know to not be factual this video is just another example

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2013

I don't mind the large caliber use, although it was a pathetically short short at what would appear to be long bow distance.

The really sad part is that you can see that the eyeballs were not sucked out of the deer's head in the slow motion of the video. You can see that the deer was impacted with the bullet. How could he watch the same video and not come to the same conclusion? He says he skinned out the deer and that there was no impact. I would like to have seen photos of the skinned out deer skull with no eyes. What is interesting is that you can see that the deer's head is deformed after the shot as compared to before the shot.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

I agree DNS, would love to see that skinned out skull, my guess is if it held together well enough to make a euro mount from it there would be a hole you could stick a first graders pencil through from eye socket to eye socket. The bullet he was using is larger than a loaded 308 round, have about 100 loaded up

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

The magazine for that 50 BMG is very funny.

Comment

• Texas
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                      I don't mind the large caliber use, although it was a pathetically short short at what would appear to be long bow distance.

The really sad part is that you can see that the eyeballs were not sucked out of the deer's head in the slow motion of the video. You can see that the deer was impacted with the bullet. How could he watch the same video and not come to the same conclusion? He says he skinned out the deer and that there was no impact. I would like to have seen photos of the skinned out deer skull with no eyes. What is interesting is that you can see that the deer's head is deformed after the shot as compared to before the shot.
                      I looked at the video a number of times in slow motion. The billet impacts the deer in the mouth. The 750 grain projectile at 2800 feet per second generates over 13000. Ft/lbs of energywhich could easily break the neck. The impact to the sinus passages did the eye damage.
                      E
                      Last edited by Texas; 12-15-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2013

Where on the "mouth" do you see the impact occurring? No damage to mouth area seen in video.

The neck isn't going to be broken. The head did not move beyond normal range.

Comment

• Texas
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2016

I tried to stop the video at the instant of impact. If you look at the mouth, it is above the body of the deer, and the mouth has taken a pretty strange twist .

When he is holding the head up, if you look at the back of the right lip, there is trama where the bullet exited the mouth. While it is not a massive wound, the 750 AMAX has a very sharp tip and very long ogive which woulc cause a lot of shock but not neessarily a nasty wound channel penetrating a little bone and skin.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• muzz1504
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2016

I'm thinking it's through both eyes too.
                            But why a .50?
                            I built my Grendel last year before deer season and have taken 5 whitetails with it. 5 one shot kills. I don't feel under gunned using it.

Comment

• jackwagon
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2017

After watching the video slow mo about 10 times Im going with Texas on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X