6.5 ELD DEFENSE match barrels? any info opinions on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadhorse
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

6.5 ELD DEFENSE match barrels? any info opinions on them?

Seeing ads for ELD Defense barrels in 6.5 gren and just wondering if anyone has used them or thoughts on them, have never heard of them before.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Never heard of them before but Davidson Defense appears to be a sister company to Omega Manufacturing in Orem Utah.

service@omegamanufacturinginc.com
    333 N State Street
    Orem, UT US

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      Never heard of them before but Davidson Defense appears to be a sister company to Omega Manufacturing in Orem Utah.

service@omegamanufacturinginc.com
      333 N State Street
      Orem, UT US
      And likely sister co. to deltateamtactical

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

That was the other company that I’d seen but couldn’t think of the name. There was a thread about Delta Team Tactical.

service@deltateamtactical.com
        333 N State Street
        Orem, UT US

Here is address for Davidson Defense Inc.

Contact Us

333 N State Street
        Orem, UT 84057

855-979-9433
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-14-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Red flags anyone???
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Other than they are slow ( and not as communicative as would be liked ), I have ordered a number of things from them over the past few years adnbeen happy with 'em. Most recent is currently in the mail now.

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

My experience is the same as just_john. Not bad.

Comment

• deadhorse
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2017

Yeah thats where I have seen the barrels is at delta team tac, they are local to me and I have bought from them in the past with no issues, But they claim these ELD barrels are

Sub 1" Moa Performance can be achieved with the use of Match Ammunition & proper installation.
                5R Rifled, Ultra Match Grade, 2500x Lapped Bore, 5r Enhanced Target Crowned,
                6.5 Grendel Head Spaced To Sammi Spec, 6.5 Grendel Alexander Arms Standard Spec Bolt & Chambering Spec
                Optimum Free Bore, Higher Velocities Achieved From 5R and Lapping So Preforms As Well As 22" Barrel.
                6.5 Grendel Ultra Match Grade Barrels Have Been Known To Achieve 1000+ Meter Shots With Excellent Consistent Accuracy
                These Barrels Usually Cost $324.99 We Got A Very Special Buy On These So For A Very Limited Time They Are $119.99
                This Is ELD's Premier Barrel And Highest Quality In There "Defense" Line Of Barrels.
                ELD Ltd Has Been In The Business Of Making Olympic Match Grade Barrels Since 1966
                ELD Recently Came To America From England To Offer For The First Time There Full Line Of Barrels
                So no on here has tried an ELD barrels so far, searched the web cant find any reviews/

Comment

• Niles Coyote
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

My first thought on reading the name was that it would be chambered to optimize hornady ammo, but... If that is how the add reads, I'd stay away. Reads like a chinise ebay add for a knock off tactical product. Defense grade and match grade rarely eat at the same table and what is a 5r crown... that said, if you have the discretionary cash handy, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

I wrote a review on the companies a while ago.

I'm told that the Grendel barrels are not SAAMI spec. I really don't want to buy one just to measure it, so I stay away from the barrels. I have used one of their 5.56 NATO barrels. It was "ok". Some ammo worked fine in it, but others didn't. They would feed and manually extract, but the fired shells would't always extract. They would get stuck and had to be knocked out from the front with a cleaning rod. In all fairness it may have been the cheap ammo.
                    Last edited by Frontier Gear; 12-24-2017, 05:37 AM.
                    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• crebid
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2015

Just found this thread and have the experience with the ELD barrel. The chamber is good, no extraction issues. I get minimal resistance when sizing fired brass. I have not experienced sub moa groups while breaking in the barrel and doing load development , but for the cost and hunting planned it is a good way into the caliber. Most loads have been 1-2 inches at 100 yards. If you are competing 600-1200 yards spend the 600.00 for custom barrels built for the task.

Comment

• 1Shot
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2018

This sounds to me like it just may be a Bear Creek Arsenal made barrel, they make CHEAP barrels for a lot of people I am told and they are hit of miss as to accuracy in getting MOA with "match ammo". Best deal I have found on MOA "guaranteed" barrels is OdenWorks especially when you get the package deal with the gas block and tube and complete BCG. 18" I got was $440 shipped.

Comment

• xjtony
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2018

I agree with 1Shot. I have one and it looks EXACTLY like a BCA. I could not get factory Hornaday ammo to shoot below about 2 inches. I have started reloading for this rifle (new to reloading all together) and have gotten much better results. With 123g SSTs I have gotten sub MOA. with 120g SMKs my first loads were a bit over MOA, but I think I can get them better. Other than that I've had no issues with it. I got it as a complete Aero upper for less than $250 knowing that the barrel might need to be changed out, but if I can get my loads MOA or a little less I'll be happy with it.

Comment

• DoorMed13
                            Unwashed
                            • Jun 2019

Comment

Working...
                            X