• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MPDS13
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

6.5 Grendel ammo 350 rds

I have 350 rounds of 6.5 Grendel ammunition. Most of it is Hornday Black, Match, or SST. Some of it is PPU HPBT. Will not split up.

$225 shipped to the lower 48

180 rds Hornady 123 gr ELD-Match Black
    40 rds Hornady 123 gr SST
    40 rds Hornady 123 gr A-MAX Match
    90 rds PPU 120 gr HPBT

• Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

The ppu is recalled. Send it back to get full refund.

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

I'll take it. Will send PM.

Edit: PM sent.
      Last edited by bj139; 12-18-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• MPDS13
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2015

Spf

Comment

• Bamboofisherman
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Why was it recalled?

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Google is your friend

Prvi Partizan (“PPU”), the manufacturer, is recalling all 6.5 Grendel ammunition. Because of different chamber sizes in certain rifles, 6.5 Grendel cartridges may be subjected to excessive chamber pressure. Use of these products may result in firearm damage and possible serious personal injury.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

PPU never really disclosed the reason for the recall except there were various chamber designs shooting the 6.5 Grendel ammunition. Some lots exhibited high pressure where there were blown primers. This could’ve been due to soft brass or out of spec brass. Speculation was PPU could use the ammo for the Serbian AK 6.5 Grendel project in a controlled enviroment whereas it had exhibited a few issues in the states. Hopefully PPU redoes their brass cases to use small rifle primers with better quality brass in new ammo for 6.5 Grendel.

Wolf distributed a lot of PPU 6.5 Grendel and has not recalled any of their 6.5 Grendel ammo. The lots of PPU 6.5 Grendel ammo I purchased was fine in SAAMI spec chambers.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Same here on the PPU ammo. That was my go-to ammo back before the recall. I have nearly 300 empty cases of PPU, and never an issue with any. Hopefully, they'll return, and as you say, with small rifle primers.
                If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

Working...
                X