Thread: Are you able to do custom stancile with the decal machine?

Are you able to do custom stancile with the decal machine?

I really want to stencil Psalm 144:1 in dark grey on my black Grendel. I'd gladly pay for it, if it's possible. Not sure which don't I'd prefer, but Id entertain suggestions on whatever options are available.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight
    -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Warrior
    I think that light laser engraving on anodized aluminum makes for a nice white image. I'm going to have some done on my Grendel. One of my neighbors does it. I'll take a picture of it and show you how it turns out.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

I didn't think of that. Can't wait to see the results.
    -Zac

I'll check on the stencils. How long and tall on the letters.?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky one View Post
    I'll check on the stencils. How long and tall on the letters.?
    I'm thinking maybe 1/2", so it can be sprayed on the side of the buttstock. What are your thoughts?
    -Zac

Yes, I've seen his custom stencils before- pick a lettering style, I'll talk to him tomorrow about it. What type of paint will you be using?
    A2 style stock, right? 3 full sentences stacked.---- or, only ( psalm144.1 ? )

1/2 " is good, he has some that size of the GRENDEL BEAST. It's amazing that they look as good as the larger sizes.

Good idea, I think I'll get a Grrrrrr stencil for my 6 position black Magpul stock--hmmmmmm,, tan cerakote should stick.

Forgot, we have a mutual pal who paints Harley gas tanks, etc. Decal man sells him the stencils. I'll see if I can get some pics to post here.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 12-19-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky one View Post
    Yes, I've seen his custom stencils before- pick a lettering style, I'll talk to him tomorrow about it. What type of paint will you be using?
    A2 style stock, right? 3 full sentences stacked.---- or, only ( psalm144.1 ? )

1/2 " is good, he has some that size of the GRENDEL BEAST. It's amazing that they look as good as the larger sizes.

Good idea, I think I'll get a Grrrrrr stencil for my 6 position black Magpul stock--hmmmmmm,, tan cerakote should stick.

Forgot, we have a mutual pal who paints Harley gas tanks, etc. Decal man sells him the stencils. I'll see if I can get some pics to post here.
    I have a Magpul MOE fixed stock, A1 length. I was hoping for the full verse, maybe two lines. Thinking it over, maybe 1/2" is too tall. I am open to design ideas from someone who does this on a regular basis. I was going to rattle can it if I can't find the duracoat locally; but if I can find the aerosol duracoat, then I'll maybe do some tiger striping across the whole gun, for a subtle look.

Zac
    -Zac

Warrior
    I can etch barrels with my Etch-o-Matic. I don't make my own stencils, but I do have someone that makes them for $6 each. I charge $25. Feel free to PM me with your cell phone number and I'll text you pics of my previous works.

Thanks, Dinny