Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Elander mag issue

• Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

My father had a 10 round elander that came with his 18" AA Upper do the exact same thing. Haven't seen it happen on my 4 round or 17 round elander.

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Depending on how old the magazine is regarding warranty.

You have to remember, these are considered disposable wear items. Back in the heady days of 5.56, if you had a mag that started being a problem child, regardless of how old it was, you either pitched it in the trash, or marked it and restricted its use to drills and practice only.
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

I received an email from AA. They are sending me a new one. Now that’s what I call customer service! : )

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

all my elander mags are real tight in the multiple firearms I have. and one broke that spot weld as well. they seem tough when one holds them but they have problems that they shouldn't. I use my ASC 10 round ones mostly as they fall out empty and don't seem tight when full, but they do kinda scratch up cases but oh well, its not too bad.

Comment

• Redomen
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

I’ve never had a problem with Elanders being too tight. They have always fallen out when empty on all four of my Grendel’s. What lower receiver are you using? I have Spikes, as well as Aero Precision forged lowers.

Comment

• sschefer
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

I'm using an Anderson lower with a Geissele parts kit. The E-Landers fit nice and do not fall out.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

The E-Lander 17 rounder I got from Larue with my Grendel has a depressed front wall because the top spot weld is so deep. The entire front of the magazine wall is depressed inward, lessening the OAL allowable in that particular magazine. Factory Hornady, Federal, and my wolf steel rounds all feed from it fine, but they don't push the OAL limits. The McCourt Munitions special Larue rounds will not feed from it. They are actually too long, there is probably something special about them as the box says they are loaded specifically for the Larue Grendel chamber. They are indeed longer than the Hornady by a smidge.

These particular rounds do feed well enough from any of my other E-lander or CSC or Stoner mags, it appears to be just a matter of this particular magazine being manufactured slightly under spec. It functions perfectly with other ammo though, so it's not really worth the trouble of a RMA and wait.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Goochylogic
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

KSWhitetails, yesterday I dropped my elander mag off the table at the range. 3’ or so. It would not load in the magazine well. The body was racked bad from that little fall. Before that I noticed where the welds were, it was also concaved inward. It always fed properly but there was no room for any longer ammo length. I grabbed my 6.8spc PRI mag. Wow what a difference. Fit and finish, the spring not so tight that your fingers hurt after loading. Best thing, 100+ rounds fired and no failure to feed. Unless someone proves me wrong I know what im using from now on.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

Heh. At twice the price, I’d expect better finish. American made too? What is the difference? Can I put in my 6.5 follower and call them good?
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Goochylogic
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2016

You are right , the pri mags are not cheap. Their overall finish is many times better in my opinion. I see some folks have a hard time with mags for their grendel. I was kind of like that with the my 6.8. So far the pri seems to work for my grendel. I got a good deal on a handful of used 17rounders, glad I did now. I see no reason the change out the followers at least not yet. Just seems the elanders are cheap. But they do work. Just dont drop it like i did. Good luck
                      Last edited by Goochylogic; 01-25-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I'm working on a prototype mag this spring . 2 versions of it actually. 1 will be for loading to 2.34. The other will require a leap of faith,,, I did a practice unit made of plastic- to run to 2.400. It would require a small tweak to lower rec.

Still after the prize of a Grrr Max Lite. After loading the Nos 130 Target bullet last wknd., it reminded me of how a longer mag. is so cool. The powder crunch was worrisome , kinda, using cfe. BFT watched me lean away from the press on the downstroke on each round.

Lever evolution - Lever , as a shorter version-was better. By comparison, As a fill the case to -say 100% instead of 110 %. IIRC, speeds were sim.

I'm going to run some numbers on Tac- maybe a cool alternative , to these fluffy powders.
                        Last edited by sneaky one; 01-26-2018, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• joker31
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2015

yep, the fluffy powder are a bitch on the Grendel. I'm starting to get back into things after a long time away and was loading some today, didnt remember having that much of a case fill, weighed it 3 times to make sure.

Comment

• Les
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2016

I had several (3) fail to feed from a brand new 17 round Elander from Alexander being stuffed into an Alexander upper for a hog hunt just completed a week and a half ago. I'm still not sure what happened, but when your hunting at night when hogs are running is no time to troubleshoot equipment failures. It appeared to be too short for the OAL of the Hornady Black. BTW Black wasn't my first choice after Double Naught's reports but all I could find locally in the time allotted. It sheared the polymer tip. I used the 2 ASC 4 round mags the rest of the trip with no issue.
                            Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Redomen
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2016

3B3BD79C-1DF9-4E49-9C57-082AE247E2E3.jpeg6D095EE1-BC3F-4A3D-8A15-10FA06A017B8.jpegI had multiple failure to eject and feed with a new 10 round Elander. I normally load them and let them sit for a few days before using them. The cartridges were ruined from getting pinched in the ejection port.

Comment

Working...
                              X