Chamber Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the upper back from Scott and all I can tell is he changed out the bolt. I'm still waiting for an explanation. Maybe he'll post here. I'll test the upper and report back. Thanks to all who responded to my questions.

Comment

Sounds like to me he had a AA bolt and .264 LBC chamber which should have had a 7.62X39 bolt. Sorry, it's fun to speculate.

Comment

S
        ounds like to me he had a AA bolt and .264 LBC chamber which should have had a 7.62X39 bolt. Sorry, it's fun to speculate.
        I would have to agree. The only thing different is the bolt.
        I put some rounds down range. No hick-ups what so ever. Spent brass has nice uniform primer marks. First target I was zeroing the scope. Top group is with Hornady brass and bottom group is with Wolf brass. Second target is with AA brass. Not bad. I'll get it broken in and do some more load development.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

mac,

Get some different powder! Varget = TOO SLOW!

The current darling is XBR 8208, but BLC-2 for 123's works great (dirty), TAC and 2520 work great for 123's, X-terminator works great for light bullets.

Comment

I'll load some with TAC tonight. Thanks!

Comment

This is why I tell people only to buy Grendel ...... Too many "OTHER" parts out there. Use someones "Grendel Like'' barrel with the wrong bolt and you have problems. I wish everyone would just use the same specs that AA is using and quit muddling up our parts interchangability.

Comment

Working...
              X