• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZHTfreak
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
    I’ll take up the JP argument later since I’m on the road today (I’ve got to defend my crack dealer) but Peregrine, JoeBob Outfitters has complete Toolcraft 6.5 grendel BCGs for 99 bucks. I don’t think anyone here can’t argue that isn’t a screaming deal. And if he has anything else you need and you spend $150, you get a free T-shirt and maybe one day when your walking down the street, someone will walk up to you and say “JoeBob dun saved you money!”
    This...

Mom & Pop for $66+s/h, in stock, pin is 0.136" gtg. bought a bunch of the 5.56 full auto M-16 from them, they are straight up & ship fast...
    Last edited by AZHTfreak; 12-29-2017, 01:59 AM.
    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Bwild97
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Bookmarked!!!

Thank you AZ!!

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
        Race parts for Race Rifles, I don't think many serious 3Gun and timed event competitors are going to be using a 6.5 Grendel in competitions. I understand the need for "shiny and cool", but it will always come at an expense. The "LMOS" systems are designed around 5.56/.223Rem chambered rifles, not the more powerful alternatives.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bwild97
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          Have you ever shot a Grendel with JP operating system (bolt/carrier/SCS)? Or any rifle with a JP op system? It’s got nothing to do with shiny and cool. It’s black coated metal inside the ejection port. The only way people know what operating system is in there is if they ask (or if I’m wearing my “My rifle is better than yours because it has a JP Operating system and yours doesn’t” T-shirt, but that’s usually in the bottom of my laundry basket )
          No, I have never shot a rifle that had JP Low Mass parts in it.

I do have an RCA Low Mass carrier and a Wolf Flat spring. I have put lots of rounds down range with that setup, and probably still would be if I hadn't noticed the excessive cam pin and bolt wear.

Comment

• Peregrine
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

Update: I purchased the JP enhanced bolt assembly completion group for $137.74 shipped. I'm interested in what Torquaholic said earlier about Azimuth enhanced BCGs.

I'm starting to see a lot of similarities in material specs and general construction, and a lot of variation in price for basically the same product. I think I may have found a good deal on an enhanced BCG made by Azimuth and sold as a Sanders Armory BCG. What do you guys think? Is that an Azimuth enhanced BCG?
            Last edited by Peregrine; 12-29-2017, 05:46 AM.
            Gun control means using both hands.

Comment

• Torquaholic
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Peregrine View Post
              Update: I purchased the JP enhanced bolt assembly completion group for $137.74 shipped. I'm interested in what Torquaholic said earlier about Azimuth enhanced BCGs.

I'm starting to see a lot of similarities in material specs and general construction, and a lot of variation in price for basically the same product. I think I may have found a good deal on an enhanced BCG made by Azimuth and sold as a Sanders Armory BCG. What do you guys think? Is that an Azimuth enhanced BCG?

Well, damn. It sure looks like the Azimuth design. That sure beats the Radian for $115 at graniteridgeoutfitters.

Blacklist bcg anyone using ? Same as fathom arms? ? ...This thread indicates that Azimuth makes the BCG for several people, each branding their own name on the carrier. One post also suggests someone has used it in a 25k round count machine gun without issue.

This video offers an overview of the enhanced BCG, with the Fathom logo:

All-in-all, if I were forced to choose only one BCG to purchase, I'd lean toward a BCM (if money allows) because of their proven record. The Azimuth enhanced design is intriguing and I will try it on my next build. I don't really think the anti-carrier-tilt marketing has much weight in a DI gas system though. The piston uppers induce carrier tilt, but the DI gas system should not by virtue of design. However, the carrier design does look pretty sweet to me.

Comment

• Peregrine
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

Also found this BCG which appears to be an Azimuth, but it doesn’t list any specs... Great price, but might be a little risky.
                Gun control means using both hands.

Comment

• Torquaholic
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Peregrine View Post
                  Also found this BCG which appears to be an Azimuth, but it doesn’t list any specs... Great price, but might be a little risky.
                  Looks like the standard, not enhanced, mil-spec from Azimuth.

Comment

• zcostilla
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                    Bwild,
                    Thanks for the gas block information. I will check out the gas block alignment, maybe stick a toothpick in there.
                    -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by zcostilla View Post
                      That’s what I did. You can buy a set of disposable gas block alignment guides from Brownells at $10 plus shipping, but I had toothpicks on hand and it seemed to worke great. I’ll know for sure in the next week or so when I finally get a chance to shoot my new Grendel after having to leave it under the tree while going to Florida for Christmas.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod68371.aspx
                      Oh. That was you? Thanks.
                      Last edited by bj139; 12-29-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• zcostilla
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2017

Oh. That was you? Thanks.
                        Here a step by step of how I did it: https://m.imgur.com/a/7dFbD
                        -Zac

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by zcostilla View Post
                          Here a step by step of how I did it: https://m.imgur.com/a/7dFbD
                          Yes. I saw that before.
                          I am the one that posted about using the vise grips as a press although you thanked LRRPF52 for the idea.
                          Last edited by bj139; 12-30-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

I bought a BCG with DLC (diamond like coating) from Delta Team Tactical. It was only $10 more than the NiB bolt.
                            I will post my opinion after I receive it tomorrow
                            I received the bolt with DLC yesterday. When I took it out of the package it felt like it had oil on it but it was dry.
                            It is very slick and slides easily in a receiver with no oil.
                            I did read that people were running these with no oil but I will add some oil when I shoot it.
                            I will order another if I need one. It was $99 , so a good buy.

Comment

• jurassic
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2014

DLC coating is the bomb, I fact BCM sell a version of their BCG with it. My favorite BCGs are Young Manufacturing chrome NM, BCM and c marked colts I find on Gunbroker. I’ve tried less expensive ones, they’re not all the same. The tooling marks left on them scratch the buffer among other problems.
                              The JP bolts are the only ones that don’t need any extra work to keep them from shaving brass. I may try a Young bolt next because i really like hard chrome and DLC. Not a fan of nickel anything.

Comment

• zcostilla
                                Warrior
                                • Aug 2017

Yes. I saw that before.
                                I am the one that posted about using the vise grips as a press although you thanked LRRPF52 for the idea.
                                I’m sorry. Never meant not to give credit where due. Your tip worked wonderfully!
                                -Zac

Comment

Working...
                                X