• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Princess_Jamie
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Scope and Rail combo

I have narrowed in on 2 different scopes and a rail mount system.

Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 EBR4 Reticle
    Primary Arms 4-14X44 ACSS HUD DMR .308/.223 Reticle

vortex cantilever scope mount with a 2 inch offset.

Looking on opinions on these scopes to aide in my decision making.

V/R
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

I have a strike Eagle 1-6x and the glass is extremely good glass for the money. I’ve no experience with PA, so I would go vortex all the way
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• howl
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Whatcha gonna do with it? Targets in broad daylight? What distances?

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by howl View Post
        Whatcha gonna do with it? Targets in broad daylight? What distances?
        Varmint, target, and small game in overcast-sunny conditions. This will probably be used mostly to take foxes near the chicken coops at distances up to 700 yards (I keep seeing blood trails around the coops). I'm also debating between the Vortex and Aero precision cantilever scope mount system. I am more leaning towards the vortex because it looks more rugged.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2017

Vortex Cantilever 2in offset mount ordered

Comment

• howl
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

You should give the Weaver Grand Slams and Classic Vs on natchezss a look.

Comment

• Lightning8
              Warrior
              • Jun 2015

I have great results with the PA 4-14 ACSS system. I have two. I have a PA 4-14 ACSS 308 on my SABRE 20 inch 6.5G upper and I have used it out to about 800 yards with 120 or 123 grain projectiles. I have no experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 but I have multiple Vortex Viper PST Gen 1s that serve me well.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

I have decided on the ACSS 308 because of everyones input.

Comment

• jackwagon
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

Optics planet is giving a $40 gift card with purchase of the PA ACSS right now. And free ship.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by jackwagon View Post
                    Optics planet is giving a $40 gift card with purchase of the PA ACSS right now. And free ship.
                    ordered with a cupon code and got the scope for 265

Comment

• Crusty
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

I'm happy with my PA 4-14x44 ACSS, just not with my eyes which need more magnification. One thing I don't like about it is there's no way to lock the turrets, which can get moved when hunting so I always have to take a quick look at my zero marks. I'm using a Burris PEPR forward mount that's rock solid and I don't worry about zero shift, which always worried me with the AERO Ultralight mount that I took off. The Vortex Defender flip covers fit better and are better made than anything made by Butler Creek, and when you know your ballistics you can go to Vortex and design an insert for your rifle printed with your ballistics which snaps inside the rear cap for a quick flip up reference.
                      I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
                        I'm happy with my PA 4-14x44 ACSS, just not with my eyes which need more magnification. One thing I don't like about it is there's no way to lock the turrets, which can get moved when hunting so I always have to take a quick look at my zero marks. I'm using a Burris PEPR forward mount that's rock solid and I don't worry about zero shift, which always worried me with the AERO Ultralight mount that I took off. The Vortex Defender flip covers fit better and are better made than anything made by Butler Creek, and when you know your ballistics you can go to Vortex and design an insert for your rifle printed with your ballistics which snaps inside the rear cap for a quick flip up reference.
                        Awesome input, My eyes were bad till I got LASIK (best decision ever), and as far as knowing my ballistics, I am waiting for the arctic circle to move away from my area first before I send rounds downrange.

Comment

• pajasonc
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Princess_Jamie View Post
                          Awesome input, My eyes were bad till I got LASIK (best decision ever), and as far as knowing my ballistics, I am waiting for the arctic circle to move away from my area first before I send rounds downrange.
                          had lasik 3 years ago it is amazing.

Comment

• pajasonc
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Princess_Jamie View Post
                            I have narrowed in on 2 different scopes and a rail mount system.

Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 EBR4 Reticle
                            Primary Arms 4-14X44 ACSS HUD DMR .308/.223 Reticle

vortex cantilever scope mount with a 2 inch offset.

Looking on opinions on these scopes to aide in my decision making.

V/R
                            the vortex strike eagles and crossfire optics are made in china, the same factory is making multiple lines for different companies(PA is one but there are a couple others as well) to varying specs. By all accounts the quality is much better than your average junk that comes from china. The warranty with vortex's scopes does make a big difference in confidence in the product.

Comment

Working...
                            X