• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

LaRue Tactical 6.5 Grendel SUURG

11.5" barrel with the SURG brake is 'pin and welded' to make it 16". Seems like a solid upper for $1596 if one is interested in a 11.5" 6.5 Grendel. Or am I wrong?

• AppalachianGunSlinger
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

Comment

• ahillock
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

Surprised not more interest in this on here. Especially with how good the 6.5 Grendel is in SBR + suppressed as LRRPF52 has shown.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Oh, I'd bet there's more interest than is being shown on the board. Pretty sure more than one Horde member is dealing with mixed feelings about how we have been jerked around by the marketing of the Larue Grendel.

All that aside, there's no denying the absolute performance of Larue's stuff. If this floats your boat, and you can paddle the bill, send them an email. They'll be happy to take your money. ;D
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• ahillock
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
          Oh, I'd bet there's more interest than is being shown on the board. Pretty sure more than one Horde member is dealing with mixed feelings about how we have been jerked around by the marketing of the Larue Grendel.

All that aside, there's no denying the absolute performance of Larue's stuff. If this floats your boat, and you can paddle the bill, send them an email. They'll be happy to take your money. ;D
          Must have missed that. What mixed feelings about LaRue and their marketing?

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
            Must have missed that. What mixed feelings about LaRue and their marketing?
            Yes, do tell.

Comment

• jonny rotton
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

the timing was just right for me. i ordered one kit yesterday. now i cant wait to get it. how long is the wait to get a stamp approved?? i have been wanting one for a long time and this package was just tooooo good to pass on.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

Nfatracker.com is a good place to get an estimate but just plan on it being your 2018 Christmas gift. If you get it early then congrats

Comment

• ahillock
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                  Nfatracker.com is a good place to get an estimate but just plan on it being your 2018 Christmas gift. If you get it early then congrats
                  My FFL says the time is down to 5-6 months now.

Comment

• bfk4lyfe
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                    Yes, do tell.
                    I'd be willing to bet some people who bought the complete 6.5G rifles feel a little cheated when the UU kits came out for several hundred dollars less a few months later.

Comment

• ahillock
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by bfk4lyfe View Post
                      I'd be willing to bet some people who bought the complete 6.5G rifles feel a little cheated when the UU kits came out for several hundred dollars less a few months later.
                      Can't be upset about that. Stuff like that happens all the time. In technology. In clothing. You buy when you want to buy and think it is a good deal. Can't complain if prices drop or something else comes out after. That is weak sauce.

Comment

• jurassic
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bfk4lyfe View Post
                        That would make sense, thanks.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2015

is this going to be a great package?? this is my first experience with larue tactical products. i hope its a good one

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

Yes jonny, it will be nice

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

I will admit this to be my personal opinion, and have not directly verified with anyone else. There were a couple things about the whole Grendel introduction that left a semi-sweet taste behind after what I had hoped would become one of those events that would have left the "blown away experience" feeling.

First was Mark's letter indicating small-run status of the initial offering. Something was going to be "special" about getting in on the ground floor. There were several things that initially you could only get if you ordered the complete rifle. First, the entire rifle was to be FTE Cerakoted in-house! Second, the included LT104 coated FDE in their shop to match. Third, the Tranquillo 7.62 suppressor discount of three hundred bucks. There was a cartridge discount if you wanted. There was an optic "discount" if you wanted it as well. All of these were originally introduced as rifle only features.

Then, suddenly you could get the UU kit with everything but the mount for less than half what the rifle cost. There was subtle dissent in the Larue fandom, and understandably so, this meant guys just spent another 1100 bucks minimum on the rifle; to get to own a lower, and an LT104 over the $896 upper kit that had everything the rifle did but these two items... Don't get me started on assembly...

But, you still had the suppressor discount, the 104, the 5.56 Barrel Cartridge (this right here is why I bought the rifle - seriously, an extra 18" barrel, bolt, brake, GB, tube, barrel nut and wrench for $250?), and the hat that says 6.5 Grendel owner on the back. But DAMN does this rifle shoot. Seriously, not just in accuracy, but every other metric with which you could measure a firearm. Smoothness, fit and function, small but significant design changes that make it a better, more attractive rifle... etc. You can read up on LRRPF52's reviews, seriously guys, these things are like Veyrons of the AR world. Alas, I digress -

OK so next comes the lower being made available to anyone with a PO number. For 200 bucks. Good deal. Should have stuck with the lower...

The next day, SUPPRESSORS FOR EVERYONE! Yay! Great, now the upper guys can know what I know, and for 800 bucks less! Good! The more Larue gets his stuff out for Grendel the better, these things make Grendel absolute gold.

But that 800 bucks stings. Of course there are a few around that feel a little like "weak sauce", but for me the weakest sauce around was feeling like I got shafted for buying the coolest rifle I'll probably ever own. It completely ruined the overall transaction.

Meh, to each their own. I was simply attempting to give an opinion about why this thread may not have taken off like the last few Larue threads. Maybe there are more than one of us that kind of figure we blew our load last fall on a "deal" from Larue, and are waiting around to see the other shoes drop before we jump in with starry-eyed excitement.

And thanks, I've been put in my place. Speaking for the board members here simply assuming their experience left them feeling like me was wrong, and I repent.
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                              X