X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AppalachianGunSlinger
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

Sorry for your mixed feelings. But must say that I am very impressed by Larue and crew. Let’s say that I also wason the listfor a complete rifle over 2yewrs for my factory OBR. Though the popularity has increased and has the demand. I must admit that they have ramped up production and scaled to meet the demand while bring8ng everything including barrel production in house. All the while still bringing new products to the market as well as bring down wait times. The production rifle is still a hell of a rifle for 2k. Not only can you still do it with the gurantee of fit and finish plus even Zero from the factory, kind of unheard of today. But you cannot get the grendel kit and a matching optics mounts in FDE nor a scopefor a Discount. Neither can one get a deal on the TranQuilo in this platform unless you do the rifle. Of course demand was high for this rifle all the while with past events in politics that took Larue in a new direction that was never seen before. The looming ban of ar15s and Larue did everything they could to focus production on getting the registered lower in the hands of their customers, what came next where the upper kits. Many saw this and wherepleased so much in fact that they hammered hehawed begged prayed and all but chopped off an arm for Mark to release the upper kit. Mark saw this and knew it was good and from his throne he made the rifle upper available even in configurations not available before. But people still where not totally pleased and wanted options to have a matching lower mark again saw this and offered it to those in need. Many where pleased and mark and Larue where happy. But few could not get over how generous and value that is put into a complete rifle, with labor overhead and the extras and where dissapointed in still getting a mighty Mithril Hammer from Valhalla! You say 800 bucks stings but in reality it really does not when you include all the extras and compare to s8milar rifles from the likes of Noveske for another $500 premium on top of Larue’s offering. Or the ridiculousness of Wilson Combats pricing structure. But even with Wilson if I was invested in his product I would most likely want one of his ARs. I for one am extremely pleased by this offering and the quicker turn around times. My wifey got me one for Xmas and wil b happy as a lark when it comes in. But still don’t have the TranQuilo simply not offered in this package.

Now all that said he does offer the m110 upper kit which I am ask8ng for next Xmas. This kit does include an optics upgrade and the TranQuilo at a discount. I can tell you that the package she got was a bit more than $800 more like a bit over 1k when all said and done. Though less than the 2k, I wasnt and didn’t have to be first in line at which they do such as the SUURG kit offer a 20% first come first serve bonus besides the extra discounts. Plus for one who wants the ultimate in out of the box accuracy and reliability. IE like Mark intended they would go with the complete rifle. Now even those that have another Larue like my Larue OBR sbr 12.5. I wished long and hard long ago that there could be more uppers available for this registered lower and now there is! Really in the long run you have one hell of a rifle and spent your money well! I wouldn’t trade my Larues nor my Noveskes for anything in the world. My two favorite things. I do see Larue and Noveske as having the most winning formulas in a market stagnated by the many and without much development in new products. These two small companies continue to impress and innovate at a rate thre to four times that of the large corporations out there. I do see them on the forefront for a very long time in the top tier accurat type ARs along with Daniel Defense, and BCM. Dunno about colt though or many others. The slow down will kill them. Either they push out new revenue streams continue to innovate and invest and improve or they won’t be around. So go out there swallow that “bitter” pill with some sugar of a shooting sessions and be glad for what you have and be happy with your purchase. Really in the end it all evens out most of uscannot stick with just one. Myself hitting double digits now and have been taking it slow especially since Retirement from the Army.

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Larue Rifle package, Iphone.....SSDS.

I'd be willing to give Larue the benefit of the doubt, that they seriously did not expect the 6.5 Grendel to take off like it did when they offered the rifle.

Say you planned on doing a run of 500 of something, thinking that you would be a year getting them all sold, then wham, they are gone in a month. You'd be a fool not to get more made up. Enter the Ultimate Upper program.

The UU program was a bit of a farce also, giving you prices on each piece, but you had to select one of everything, period. They should have just left it with the last real option of assembly for a fee, and made the rest the a la carte without pricing since you were still going to be paying the $800.

Just my opinion. I did not get in on either, having blown my wad on a PF upper, and a 6 month long 12 week lead time...with constant nagging.
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

I have a feeling that the upper program will end up changing more later to be more ala cart or more customization. Plus could just be how the website is setup too as well as list8ng out each part you do get. I think and as said before that very few companies have found he winning formula as far as products in the oversturated ar market. Larue and Noveske have it. Where Larue needs to work on is improving the overall buying experience, lower wait times even more, and remove the even Julie said it best people who buy know there will be a wait. I was floored she said this, and not something they should be known for. Although I was one of the long waits on my sbr OBR.

Comment

• 1911man
          Warrior
          • May 2015

KSwhitetails I really feel for you, and I think all of your points are valid. I dont think this rifle is a high end shooter though; at least mine isnt. I was patient and waited to buy the upper kit and the lower separate and I am still not so pleased with my purchase despite saving money over what you paid. I think Im about $1200 in my LaRue rifle and it is by far my worst shooting Grendel. Also, the upper and lower fit is ugly as hell and the Cerakote has already worn in a couple places. Compare it to my $700 Aero build that shoots way better and has a much better looking Cerakote and I am not very happy with my purchase. I dont really blame LaRue but I definitely bought into the hype of this rifle.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

Something isn't right. Wonder if you need Larue involved, they guarantee sub-MOA or your money back. I'd get a conversation going.

Here's what I did by "accident" before I took it out to hunt.

We had some surprise time in the afternoon, and I headed up to rent a lane at the 100 yd indoor locally to check zero - my 104 and optic had been removed/fiddled with by several relatives over the TXG holiday, and all had been interested in the "removable scope". We got there around 1435 and were told all lanes were booked for the rest of the day. "Ive got one now, till three, want it?" Ok, I took it, hurry hurry hurry. All I need to do is confirm zero.

First shot, exactly where I put it before, for a 250-ish zero, and slightly left. I tend to pull right slightly when excited, so I zero about an inch left at 100. Just my personal experience and practice. Second two were lowered to remove a little elevation, I'm shooting for a 200 zero. Might be a bit low for that, but it works for a hunting zero. Two touching. Nice, ok, move over an inch and see if I can do it again. HURRY! Three (almost) touching. These were with Federal AE 120s because I forgot to load up a mag with my hunting rounds the Black. So, while I was confirming zero, my buddy was throwing some rounds of ELD-M in a mag. I pulled the target in and he walked up with the mag. He coughed, and asked what we were doing here...

The ELD-M is dissapointing. It won't group. It tends to string 2moa left and right, and 1 moa vertical. I'm pretty sure it's not me, I've been more carefully attempting to push these into some kind of good group, they are 60% the price of the Feds on the shelf.

So I know my barrel doesn't llike Hornady's ELD-M Black load as much as I would like, but it gets the job done when white tails are in order. I would't go past 300 with them though.

I am VERY interested in what the American Gunner does in it. Too bad there's no SW local anymore...
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 1911man
              Warrior
              • May 2015

Mine shoots around 1.5 MOA with the Boxed ELD ammo and high sub MOA with the handload I have tuned for it. Not terrible but not great. The most disappointing thing is how hard I had to work to fine tune a load that shoots 3/4 MOA at best. Where as with my other barrels I was able to find really accurate loads immediately after doing the first ladder and was able to improve upon those loads with tuning. My Larue is just mediocre overall.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

i have one on order. if it only shoots 1.5 moa i will be very unhappy. all my faxon 12" barrels will do that or better. i have yet to load any 6.5 ammo.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
                  KSwhitetails I really feel for you, and I think all of your points are valid. I dont think this rifle is a high end shooter though; at least mine isnt. I was patient and waited to buy the upper kit and the lower separate and I am still not so pleased with my purchase despite saving money over what you paid. I think Im about $1200 in my LaRue rifle and it is by far my worst shooting Grendel. Also, the upper and lower fit is ugly as hell and the Cerakote has already worn in a couple places. Compare it to my $700 Aero build that shoots way better and has a much better looking Cerakote and I am not very happy with my purchase. I dont really blame LaRue but I definitely bought into the hype of this rifle.

Contact Larue this is not the norm. There is issue here definitely a sub map guarantee and fit and finish should be the tops too..

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

i ordered my suurg kit last december 31. i am still waiting for it. at least they took all the money at the time of my order. the larue site estimated the time at 8-12 weeks. hmmm we are way past that now with no end in sight.

Comment

Working...
                    X