• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AppalachianGunSlinger
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by doofus65 View Post
    Just to sanity check:
    Is your bullet speed solid? Looking at Hornady claims on midwayusa.com, they think the 123gr SST should push 2580 out of a 24" barrel.
    Inputted off the box for speed due to lack of time to get average out of build. Did end up lowering the speed to somewhere around 2500 out of an 18”. But due to issues with my scope mount being loose Larue QD. My fault as I was in a hurry and removed from a handi rifle and threw on here and didn’t ensure that the screws had 0 movement. They did. Luckily I found this out the night before the hunt after I wanted to double check the rifle over isnce I had to rezerk from where I was at home. Not my norm, was able to get biresighted but without a confirm I won’t try to take any game. Used a Old 60’s Marlin 336 in 30/30 yet no luck due to cold snap causing game to not move into shooting lanes I was hunting. But now back from the trip I will verify everything on the rifle, ensure scope is level, everything torqued, etc. Reboresite and go ahead and zero at 200 after taking average five string velocity to out into my ballistics app for drops. Using the StrelokPro App on IPhone to get scope adjustments at range and work up my actual DOPE for a hunt or engagements out to 500 yards when all said and done. As far as I have access to here in local.

But, in reality still need to find what I want to put on this rig as far as Optics. Might end up going back to a Bushnell 3-9 I have already or one of the Burris Variable, Bushnell AR, Vortex PST, as I cant get all at least 40% off. Maybe even another variable Primary Arms for it. For the other rifle might end up doing a trijicon 1-8 or another scope. I am thoroughly impressed with the Trijicons for just a scope. I do have a 4-14 from them on my 700 and could use that as an excuse to put on a mk4 4-14 on my 700.who knows in the end. Either way gonna be a bit to be able to save enough cash to make the plunge here and will have to make due with an optic I am not using or one from a build that isn’t critical to stay on it. Was even considering since the two Grendel builds where so,ITAR getting the same scope on both builds and having not to learn another system so when going to a backup or teaching the wife it would be exactly the same.. time will tell though in the end.

Comment

Working...
    X