• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coast
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

Scope recticle focusing

How are you guys focusing the recticle on your scopes? Use to, I didn't have a problem as my eye took some time to adjust, but since I had laser eye surgery I noticed that my eye will focus on the recticle within a sec and of course none of my scopes are in focus since the surgery.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Every scope I have owned, you turn the eye piece in or out.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Set your parallax to the distance you are looking at. Take your eye away and then look through the scope. If it's not instantly clear then adjust the focusing ring and repeat until it's clear the instant you come onto the scope.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Same as bigs28, but I would suggest angling the scope at a plain background. I usually turn the parallax out to infinity, and point the scope above the horizon, into the sky. I get my cheek weld, and close my eye for a moment, allowing it to relax (this is key). When I open my eye, the reticle should be in sharp focus. If not, adjust the focusing ring and repeat. The reason I allow my eye to relax is so that if I end up glassing an area through my scope, it will not be a strain to keep the image in focus for any amount of time.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
        X