• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Princess_Jamie
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

The Prince65 Grendel (parts list)

Shortly after I signed up for this forum, I started to piece together a 6.5 Grendel as an all around type rifle. I had cost in mind but not thinking cheaply. I plan on utilizing this for target shooting, varmint shooting, and possibly small game. I have the opportunity to practice shots up to 1k yards on my family's property. We are also having an issue with chickens disappearing from the coop (with confirmed blood trails). Below is a list of my purchases within the last few days along with the future purchases.

Purchased

-24" Radical Arms Upper (I am expecting flak from this purchase but I will take my chances as the price was hard to beat)
    -Anderson stripped lower (what I used in my 223 build)
    -LaRue MBT trigger (Great reviews)
    -Spikes enhanced lower parts kit (Great price and it comes with extended take down pins to prevent me from breaking nails)
    -A2 style buffer assembly
    -Luth chubby grip (Perfect size for my dainty hands)
    -Luth AR MBA-1 stock (I like its looks and reviews)
    -Vortex cantilever 30mm scope mount
    -Primary Arms 4-14x44 ACSS HUD/DMR 223/308 scope
    -Atlas BT10 or VERSA Bipod

Future Purchases (Maybe)
    Different style Muzzle Brake (cheap one for the time being)

Future Purchase (Dreaming but possible with time)
    LaRue TranQuilo Sound Suppressor M308 w/Muzzle brake)
    Last edited by Princess_Jamie; 01-02-2018, 11:00 PM. Reason: Update, every main part on order.
  • SpairParts
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

My very first gun was a AR15 from Radical about 6mos ago. After about 200 rounds it developed a problem with the bolt. Contacted Radical and they had me return the BCG and they sent me a new BCG. Other then that the gun seems solid and tight.

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

I bought a Radical 24" 6.5 Grendel barrel from a member here a few months ago as he was planning to rebarrel to a different caliber.
      He posted on 65grendel about his experiences with the Radical upper about 2 years ago.
      I just bought a receiver and am planning to get this barrel seated in the receiver and shoot it.
      I will post results when I shoot some groups.
      This is my first muzzle brake barrel. I better wear extra good ear protection.
      Last edited by bj139; 01-01-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Why not the Tranquillo65 brake? Same price. Unless you're thinking of sharing it, which may not be all that good an idea?

Edit: Interesting it's not on the website. Email them. Same price, $99 bucks.
        Last edited by Kswhitetails; 01-01-2018, 03:23 PM.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Redomen
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

Thank you all for the insight,. I posted this over in snipers hide and was told it was one of the worst build lists someone saw in awhile. Oh well,. I will say that I'm pleased thus far with the interactions I get on this forum.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Purpose driven development is always better than the banter of fools. Believe in what you want to accomplish, set out your parameters, and build away. Make sure the influence you allow others is minimal in your quest for form in function. Make your build yours, the torpedoes be damned!
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Princess_Jamie View Post
                (I am expecting flak from this purchase but I will take my chances as the price was hard to beat)
                Unless someone feels the build you've described won't actually accomplish the purpose you've expressed, we're pretty live and let live. It's your money and your budget. It's a free country. To each his own. Etc.

It would be like saying someone should have red as a favorite color instead of blue. Negative people with too much time on their hands are unhelpful.

I just got two LaRue MBT triggers for Black Friday. Haven't installed them yet, but have been having fun using the "trigger trainer" plastic receiver thingie.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2017

We are also having an issue with chickens disappearing from the coop (with confirmed blood trails).
                  That sounds like it would be a fun problem to solve with your new build. We had the same problem with our ducks this year. It turned out to be a family of skunks. I ended up shooting most of them in the head with a 22LR. There was one where all I had with me at the time was a 308. Oh boy.... did that ever stick.

Thank you all for the insight,. I posted this over in snipers hide and was told it was one of the worst build lists someone saw in awhile. Oh well,. I will say that I'm pleased thus far with the interactions I get on this forum.
                  There is nothing wrong with your build that I can see. If it's safe, reliable, accurate within your needs, serves your purpose, fits your budget and goes bang then it was a good build.
                  Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

I think my neighbor to the North meant to say "stink" just a hunch..

We had ducklings disappeare as well but it turned out to be eagles. Not much you can do there.

And yeah this forum seems to be a refuge. Thats a testament to the mods here. I like what white tails said. Good words to live by.

Comment

• howl
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

These things depend on your perspective. Most any build will do well enough for anything. You just have to satisfy yourself. Besides, these things tend to be learning experiences. You can't go from A to B without having been at A first.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by howl View Post
                        These things depend on your perspective. Most any build will do well enough for anything. You just have to satisfy yourself. Besides, these things tend to be learning experiences. You can't go from A to B without having been at A first.
                        Well said. Especially the learning bit.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2017

Awesome responses. I have seen radical uppers perform so I decided to try it out especially for the price. If I'm not satisfied, I can just re-barrel at a later date. I do believe my lower build is pretty spot on though.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2017

Just ordered the Scope with a cupon code and got a 40$ gift certificate so now that will go towards the bipod

Comment

• js8588
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2017

The only issue you might have (that I've seen around the internet) is with the bolt and/or bolt carrier. Easy enough fix later on. Shoot your build and rock it. It should be ideal for your purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X