X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Not grendel particularly but toolcraft BCG's @ monmouth the nitride AR10 bcg is only $114 and the one i received the other day DOES have serrations even though they arent pictured as having them. ALL of them a pretty dang cheap. The nickel boron one is $139

Comment

• Tex Nomex
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Wperry4 View Post
      How's the quality and customer service of Davidson Defense?
      I was told Delta Team Tactical and Davidson Defense are sister entities and share the customer service team. Customer Service can be spotty, but if you keep in touch with them (phone or email), you'll definitely get your stuff.

Their ordering, billing and shipping systems seem to have issues communicating. Whatever you do, make sure you spell your email address correctly in the ordering system. They can't change it and you won't get order tracking.

SOP seems to be is to hold your entire order if an item is out of stock. If you think your order is slow getting out, ask about that...

Not affiliated. Just went thru some purchases recently. Got my stuff in decent time once we got the ball rolling. Don't know about their barrel, but the quality was good on the parts I ordered.
      "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
      -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Wperry4
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Tex Nomex View Post
        I was told Delta Team Tactical and Davidson Defense are sister entities and share the customer service team. Customer Service can be spotty, but if you keep in touch with them (phone or email), you'll definitely get your stuff.

Their ordering, billing and shipping systems seem to have issues communicating. Whatever you do, make sure you spell your email address correctly in the ordering system. They can't change it and you won't get order tracking.

SOP seems to be is to hold your entire order if an item is out of stock. If you think your order is slow getting out, ask about that...

Not affiliated. Just went thru some purchases recently. Got my stuff in decent time once we got the ball rolling. Don't know about their barrel, but the quality was good on the parts I ordered.
        Appreciate the feedback, will look into their stuff!

Comment

• JethroBodine
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

SPS, http://www.shootersproshop.com has Nosler 6.5 123 grain Custom Competition Blems, 100 / $19.20.

Comment

• Randy99CL
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by JethroBodine View Post
            SPS, http://www.shootersproshop.com has Nosler 6.5 123 grain Custom Competition Blems, 100 / $19.20.
            Thanks for that Jethro, ordered a couple hundred. Their minimum shipping seems to be $13 so I had to add a few hundred overstocks.
            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Had a grendel for 2 years, still confused on wtf type 2 is but here.

This page displays when the page cannot be found, the link is broken, or the page has been moved.

Comment

• Armadillo66
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/cur...-type-ii-b-65a
                I will find out as I ordered one and a firing pin last night, cheap enough to have in my kit

Comment

• bj139
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/cur...-type-ii-b-65a
                  Type II is the second type of AR-15 bolt to come into existence. It has a bolt face depth of .136".
                  Type I is the first type of AR-15 bolt to come into existence. It has a bolt face depth of .125".

Comment

• Drillboss
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                    Type II is the second type of AR-15 bolt to come into existence. It has a bolt face depth of .136".
                    Type I is the first type of AR-15 bolt to come into existence. It has a bolt face depth of .125".
                    Not buying that. When Alexander Arms released the 6.5 Grendel, I'm pretty sure their rifle used a 0.136" bolt face depth.

There may have been AR's shooting 7.62x39 that used the 0.125" bolt face depth, but that doesn't make it a Grendel Type I.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

DB is essentially correct, although if you want to say a Type I 0.125 bolt came into existence when manufacturers started converting ARs to 7.62x39, then BJ has a point. Not bothering to think thru the engineering, they simply started with the standard 5.56 boltface depth of 0.125 and made the face wider for the larger case head.

But in the Grendel world, the original Alexander Arms bolt for both .50 Beowulf and 6.5 Grendel were patterned after Colt's research for a 7.62x39 AR bolt and the boltface depth is 0.136. This bit of simple engineering is to account for the thicker case rim of 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel brass.

In recent years, Type I and Type II started from a barrel company, Black Hole Weaponry, as a way to distinguish whatever bolt happened to be available and in stock for their Grendel barrel customers.

Type I or 0.125 or 7.62x39 bolts will "work," but they are not ideal. Having said that, I've been studying the issue closely and I can see how they can be made to work with a few tweaks to the extractor design.

Type II or 0.136 or Grendel bolts are designed correctly to account for the thicker case rim of the 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel brass.
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Lightscout
                        Unwashed
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by Big Red Ram View Post
                        Monmouth has Toolcraft BCG's back in stock for 6.5 Grendel at $89.95
                        http://www.monmouthreloading.com/sho...carrier-group/
                        Just ordered one, although the price jumped to a whopping $92.99 Also happened to add a VG6 6.5 Gamma for a discounted price of $52.49 (only shows up in Cart). I believe that discount applies to all the VG6 brakes.
                        Last edited by Lightscout; 01-18-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• mdram
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2016

need a charging handle?
                          Radian Raptor-LT Ambidextrous Charging Handle for 59.95

just some targets for printing
                          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Crusty
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Not specifically Grendel (not a great discount either but it does pay for shipping), but American Spirit Arms has a special going on for their Non-reciprocating Side Charging Receivers which are the best there are.
                            I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• Earl Keese
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
                              Not specifically Grendel (not a great discount either but it does pay for shipping), but American Spirit Arms has a special going on for their Non-reciprocating Side Charging Receivers which are the best there are.
                              What makes them the best?

Comment

• lamrith
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2014

Rock River 2 stage triggers for $80. I have bought fromt these guys a few times and it seems they keep them at this price whenever they have them.
                                Varmint Match version(3.5#): https://www.righttobear.com/Rock-Riv...ar0093nmkv.htm
                                National Match version(4.5#): https://www.righttobear.com/Rock-Riv.../ar0093nmk.htm
                                Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
                                18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
                                SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
                                16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
                                Anderson Pistol lower:
                                16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
                                6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

Working...
                                X