X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Not sure how good of a deal it is but, I could not find a complete NiB 6.5G BCG any cheaper.........

TOOLCRAFT 6.5 GRENDEL NICKEL BORON BCG W/ FORWARD ASSIST, COMPLETE
    $94.99

This is the best bolt-carrier group money can buy for your next 6.5 Grendel build. The nickel boron coat will give you increased reliability and wipe-down with a rag easy clean-up. Perfect for hard use competition, hunting, and home defense. Lifetime warr

I got it for $101 shipped.
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post

While im on here.. Gearheadworks released their latest batch of tail hook mod 2's last night. I got my order in. $200 +$7 S&H.
      https://www.gearheadworks.com/index....025bb2aba46ff1[ATTACH=CONFIG]11022[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11023[/ATTACH]
      And yes LOP is adjustable.. $200tax stamp or $200 for a brace. Challenge accepted!!!
      They also offer discounts for LEO, retired /active service, and first responders which is nice.
      Isn't that for an AK?

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
        Not sure how good of a deal it is but, I could not find a complete NiB 6.5G BCG any cheaper.........

TOOLCRAFT 6.5 GRENDEL NICKEL BORON BCG W/ FORWARD ASSIST, COMPLETE
        $94.99

This is the best bolt-carrier group money can buy for your next 6.5 Grendel build. The nickel boron coat will give you increased reliability and wipe-down with a rag easy clean-up. Perfect for hard use competition, hunting, and home defense. Lifetime warr

I got it for $101 shipped.
        Does that have the correct length bolt?

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
          Does that have the correct length bolt?
          Correct length?????
          Not sure I am tracking.....
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• mdram
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

i thik he means .125 vs .136 bolt face
            just some targets for printing
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• mdewitt71
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by mdram View Post
              i thik he means .125 vs .136 bolt face
              yea, it is .136 Type II
              Mil spec

All the specs are in the link with lifetime warranty listed.
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                Correct length?????
                Not sure I am tracking.....
                Grendel bolts are compatible with standard AR15 firing pins by having a longer tail to compensate for the deeper bolt face, otherwise you get excessive firing pin protrusion.

There are actual 6.5 Grendel bolts, then whatever the aftermarket makes in attempts to replicate them. Many companies so far have only looked at one or two aspects of the bolt, while others have figured out the full deal. "Type I" and "Type II" are BHW-internal terms that don't correspond to the actual 6.5 Grendel bolt, other than "Type II" and the .136" face depth. There are several more critical dimensions and processes that any decent mechanical engineer would understand when looking at a Grendel bolt.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdewitt71
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Grendel bolts are compatible with standard AR15 firing pins by having a longer tail to compensate for the deeper bolt face, otherwise you get excessive firing pin protrusion.

There are actual 6.5 Grendel bolts, then whatever the aftermarket makes in attempts to replicate them. Many companies so far have only looked at one or two aspects of the bolt, while others have figured out the full deal. "Type I" and "Type II" are BHW-internal terms that don't correspond to the actual 6.5 Grendel bolt, other than "Type II" and the .136" face depth. There are several more critical dimensions and processes that any decent mechanical engineer would understand when looking at a Grendel bolt.

I would hope Toolcraft is on top of their game for AR parts by now.....

If not, full Lifetime warranty and replacement so I will find out for sure.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by brian y View Post
                    Larue MBT triggers on sale again for $99 starting today. Just got the e-mail.
                    https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/
                    Curious as to what Larue's business practice is. I placed an order for this trigger last night and all CC, address and shipping info went through as normal. Checked the order this morning and it says no payment has been made on the order. Makes me wonder if the "I've got plenty of time" checkout box means the trigger is not in stock and they just send it out when they make some more? I have sent them a question about this but no answer as of yet. They do say it will take up to 48 hours to get back to me and that I understand.
                    If anyone has done business with them and can fill me in about their online sales please chime in.........

Just got an answer back from Brad at Larue as I was typing this.
                    As far as he knows these are in stock and are being shipped as the orders come in. CC aren't charged till the orders are packed and being shipped.
                    Great news and thanks Brad for the quick response.

Comment

• mdram
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by CVCOBRA1 View Post
                      Makes me wonder if the "I've got plenty of time" checkout box means the trigger is not in stock and they just send it out when they make some more?
                      thats usually what it does mean, as they only make them whent he get a certain number of orders
                      or so i have read

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

Not sure about that. They manufacture triggers like other parts of their inventory as any other manufacturer would, part of their normal operation. I do know they don't charge the CC until the order is ready to ship, except for a few exceptions, I am not able to list those off the top of my head. I also know they have in the past shipped the sale triggers as they receive orders, so that would indicate a certain in stock amount. I got in on the tail end of a $99 sale trigger last time, after the stock they had on hand had apparently been sold. They didn't charge my card the $99 for the trigger until it shipped three weeks later, which for the price - I was fine with that. So they do have some inventory when they put them out on sale. Given the quality, and the popularity of the $99 MBT, they do sell out of on hand stock, but honor the price for all orders taken during the sale.

My wife bought me my first MBT two years ago for Xmas, and chose the "I'm not in a hurry" $125 price. She placed the order 11/30 and it arrived 1/15. Six weeks. We were charged on 1/12. When I ordered my UU, they charged for that right away, and it shipped in a couple weeks. When I bought the Grendel rifle, they charged my card for items as they shipped. I didn't pay shipping until the final box went out, and they charged me the flat fee that was included in the purchase of the rifle.

You can track your order by logging into your account at Larue, and when you see "completed", your card has now been charged, and the box is being moved to their shipping dept - probably on their outbound shipping dock or on the truck already. They are great for service, call them if you have any questions. Their number is on their home page. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

There are good companies because they have decent products with decent customer service. There are good companies because of mediocre products, but they back them up with very good CS. There are good companies that have great products but they haven't figured out the CS. Then there are great companies that have figured out that to be great you need to be on top of both. This is a leadership thing IMO, and Larue's got his processes figured out. Great products, great CS, and even better, really great warranties they make no qualms about honoring.

There are others, Larue isn't necessarily unique here, but they are one of the better few. This is my experience with them.

Plus, even when buying his stuff on sale, you still get all the normal swag included for the guys that go ahead and pay the full price. Bonus.
                        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdram
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2016

found where i read it, the larue website

The "I got plenty of time" price - $124.99 $99
                          They say "patience is a virtue", and "good things come to those who wait", so this price is for folks who want the best but don't mind waiting for it. It allows us to schedule, plan, reassign equipment, etc. without everybody having to work Sundays. While we won't be able nail down how long it'll be, we won't be rushing perfection.

Comment

• alaska_guy
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2018

I bought one of these today. 18" 5R with fluting... Couldn't pass it up!

Premium Grade AR-15 Barrel 18" Heavy, w/ 1:8 5rd Twist, 6.5 Grendel Type 2, Mid Length, Straight Fluted, Black Nitride Don't forget the AeroShell 33MS Mil Spec Armorer's Grease!

It looks like a BCA barrel, but I would need confirmation from a pro here.

Comment

• mdram
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by alaska_guy View Post
                              I bought one of these today. 18" 5R with fluting... Couldn't pass it up!

Premium Grade AR-15 Barrel 18" Heavy, w/ 1:8 5rd Twist, 6.5 Grendel Type 2, Mid Length, Straight Fluted, Black Nitride Don't forget the AeroShell 33MS Mil Spec Armorer's Grease!

It looks like a BCA barrel, but I would need confirmation from a pro here.
                              they give the manufacturer part number as B6.5MHB18185R
                              google that number, and you go to bear creek website

Comment

• bj139
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                                Notice how they don't call out the alloy used.

A charge handle should be 7075 T6 with a Type III hard coat anodizing, not "the finest aerospace grade aluminum with a blackened finish".

If these are 6061, they will fail early. Makes you wonder where it was made based on that price, and what materials, QC standards, etc.
                                Here is one that says it is made out of 6061.
                                Outdoor Sports USA is a industry leading distributor of AR-15 Parts & Tactical Accessories. We offer unbeatable prices, new deals every week and outstanding customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X