X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

I have a Satern cut-rifled barrel from back in the early days of the 6.5 Grendel and it is very accurate.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2017

Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Crusty
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

I have an 18" 5R button rifled stainless Satern and it's normally a 1 MOA barrel, though I have had one 10 rd group with a tweaked handload that was .66 MOA. The chamber looks a bit roughly machined and I chamfered the muzzle because it was sharp and jagged when I got it. I've spent some time polishing the inside and it functions reliably but the .093" gas port delivered too much gas which I cured with an adjustable gas block. The throat is longer than I like and if I seat bullets at mag length I'm still about .030" off the lands. All things considered I think it's OK.

I'm near buying a match grade barrel to replace my Satern. I'll only pick up 5 oz in the change.
        Last edited by Crusty; 01-08-2018, 02:34 AM.
        I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

Folks,

I have a Liberty 20" 1:8 SS, 1/2 MOA all day long. A2

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

And not one mention of the liberty (made by satern) group buy on this forum. The epitome of piss poor customer service and out right deception.

Do the search if you want the whole story(if it wasn’t lost in a crash)
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Have a Satern barrel from AA...shoots great.

Bought one direct from Satern...couldn't get it to shoot well at all. Had it examined by gunsmith and he indicated quality issues. Reached out to Satern to resolve, they wouldn't respond.

Personally, based on issues a few years back with Liberty barrels, I wouldn't use one if it were a gift.
              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• wilecoyote
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

My Satern was an early one and shot really well. No complaints about it.

Comment

• fdbyrne78
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2017

My Satern 20" cut rifled barrel is only a few months old. They were quick to respond to my questions when they were trying to make the sale but completely failed to give a sh*t when I complained about the throat being ridiculously short. I won't be doing any business with them again.

With that said, I can't really complain about the accuracy. I haven't found a tack-driver load for it yet but that could be because I'm only using 123 SSTs so far. I'll withhold judgment until I can test a wider variety of bullets.

Comment

• Texas
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2016

I have two liberty barrels and they both shoot sub MOA.

Comment

• Forrest
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2017

I just bought a liberty 24" from Satern and I am happy about everything so far. Was pretty apprehensive about getting it from them based on all the negative posts on here. I guess the final decision was just them being fellow Iowans and the idea that there are always negative things said about everything somewhere. My customer service was really good and I'm getting really good groups right off the bat during break in with American Gunner and Federal ammo.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2017

I settled on a BCA 20 inch nitride black fluted heavy barrel. It was over a hundred bucks cheaper. I will see how well this one shoots for my first build.

Comment

• Bwild97
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2015

Just gonna leave this right here.

I took my Liberty barrel to Mark today to get his evaluation of the chamber and the throat. He used go/nogo gages and the chamber was fine. Next he used a bore scope to look at the chamber and throat. He said the throat was short. He all so said that the throat was not cut sqare. He did say it was the compound Gredel throat. We

There has been great consternation recently over barrels and chambers. Some have barrels that seem to allow factory cartridges to drop right in, straight from the factory. Others have claimed that their barrels do not allow them to chamber factory ammunition, but do allow short seating of bullets, and seem to shoot very well
                          Last edited by Bwild97; 01-12-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X