• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6.5_fanatic
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Satern barrels

What has been everyone's experience with the Satern/Liberty barrels?
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

There are probably 500 posts on this forum about Satern barrels. Do a search and you will find all the info you need.

Comment

• 37L1
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Here, I'll help you:

They suck as does their customer service.

But that's just me and my experience.

I've got one on my shelf used, you can have for a hundred, all sales final.

Comment

• terrywick4
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

I purchased two of the early ones and have had zero trouble with them. Tack driver had one 5 shot group that was less than an inch @ 200 yds with factory amax So if I do my part it does it's. I'm one of the lucky I guess.

Comment

• jurassic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
          Here, I'll help you:

They suck as does their customer service.

But that's just me and my experience.

I've got one on my shelf used, you can have for a hundred, all sales final.
          Tell us how you really feel. The cut rifled barrels are tack drivers, I have both.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

What barrel do you have 37L1?

Comment

• Djgrendel
              Warrior
              • Feb 2016

I have had 2 of them. A 24" and a 16". Still own the 24" pipe. They are nothing to brag about, but they shoot ok. Mine were both purchased in 2012. I did not have the chamber issues that some folks have had. The crown on the 24" barrel was terrible. Looked like they used a chamfer bit in a cordless drill. Chatter all over the place. Cut the threaded end off and recrowned it. So now it's a 23" barrel. It will shoot 3/4" 5 round groups with handloads. I probably will not buy another liberty pipe in the future though.
              Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

I wanted to take a video of my 18” Satern / Stoner barrel repeatedly smacking 1k yesterday, but my iPhone 6S with iOS11 sucks more than some folks say their Satern barrels suck. Plus a Satern barrel doesn’t trigger a subroutine when you say “Happy New Year” in order to remind you that it is paying attention to EVERYTHING you do.

The short answer is I’ll buy another Satern barrel before I buy another Apple product if that helps any.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2017

One of the best posts I've read in a while. Full disclose that I don't have any good or bad opinions on either product. I just found it funny.
                  Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                    I wanted to take a video of my 18” Satern / Stoner barrel repeatedly smacking 1k yesterday, but my iPhone 6S with iOS11 sucks more than some folks say their Satern barrels suck. Plus a Satern barrel doesn’t trigger a subroutine when you say “Happy New Year” in order to remind you that it is paying attention to EVERYTHING you do.

The short answer is I’ll buy another Satern barrel before I buy another Apple product if that helps any.
                    Now this made me lol

Comment

• 37L1
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2015

Liberty 24" that was short throated, great for really screwing up factory ammo. Had it reamed by a local smith as Satern wouldn't do it unless I paid for it to be shipped both to and from Satern. They knew they had a problem, wouldn't acknowledge it and then responded poorly.

They are dead to me.

I have a Lilja and an Alex Arms now. They shoot great.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Guys:

When it was difficult to find a quality 'Grendel' chambered barrel, Satern got into the game. They soon proved to be very unreliable in terms of providing the barrel at all, let alone on time. It was apparently very difficult to get anyone to respond, even when asking for a refund.

Since then I believe Satern has gotten their act together a lot more than ten plus years ago but I am still seeing issues with their quality and customer service so I would probably go elsewhere. Shilen would be a decent bet because they have proven to be reliable and will fix problems.

LR55

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
                          Liberty 24" that was short throated, great for really screwing up factory ammo. Had it reamed by a local smith as Satern wouldn't do it unless I paid for it to be shipped both to and from Satern. They knew they had a problem, wouldn't acknowledge it and then responded poorly.

They are dead to me.

I have a Lilja and an Alex Arms now. They shoot great.
                          I guess that’s kind of like saying: even though your battery seems to have been working fine, you were having problems with it but just didn’t know it. No worries - we’ll sell you a new battery you didn’t need at a “discounted” price. After all, we need to keep the neomydium smelters on the shores of Lake Baotou churning out sludge.

When the blasting range reopens in May, I’ll revive this thread with a video of Satern 6.5 Grendel barrel vs. iPhone 6s featuring special guest star Mr. Tannerite. I think I know who’s going to win that battle lol.

And I know this is way off topic, but I found it extremely disturbing when my iPhone did this “Happy New Year” texts. https://youtu.be/w8Ap0ucCNks

I wonder what the constitution loving folks at Apple have it do when you type AR-15 into your iDevice. Or do they keep the list of the firearms in your ballistics app so they can tell the powers that be what to look for when they decide it’s time to take everyone’s away?
                          Last edited by StoneHendge; 01-02-2018, 02:42 PM.
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                            I guess that’s kind of like saying: even though your battery seems to have been working fine, you were having problems with it but just didn’t know it. No worries - we’ll sell you a new battery you didn’t need at a “discounted” price. After all, we need to keep the neomydium smelters on the shores of Lake Baotou churning out sludge.

When the blasting range reopens in May, I’ll revive this thread with a video of Satern 6.5 Grendel barrel vs. iPhone 6s featuring special guest star Mr. Tannerite. I think I know who’s going to win that battle lol.

And I know this is way off topic, but I found it extremely disturbing when my iPhone did this “Happy New Year” texts. https://youtu.be/w8Ap0ucCNks

I wonder what the constitution loving folks at Apple have it do when you type AR-15 into your iDevice. Or do they keep the list of the firearms in your ballistics app so they can tell the powers that be what to look for when they decide it’s time to take everyone’s away?
                            Truly, if this disturbs you, then I would ask if you understood that it (fireworks) was something you can send behind any text message you want?
                            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                              Truly, if this disturbs you, then I would ask if you understood that it (fireworks) was something you can send behind any text message you want?
                              Yes, but it automatically did it for friends, family and myself. The mere typing of the text triggered a subroutine..... (which used extra battery power to display lol)
                              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                              X