• May 2016

20180206_155629.jpg

Looks like Melania Trump crashing a Clinton family reunion
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• koden
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2014

Just loaded up some of the 130 RDF's. I had to drill out the seating stem a bit as the tip would hit before the sides of the bullet. This happened on my Hornady and RCBS seating dies.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

You definitely need some type of VLD seating stem when loading these.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Shot a few groups this weekend. Shotgun patterns. I'll try to post my results in the a couple of days. In the mean time, Johnny over at Johnny's Reloading Bench just tested the 140 RDF in his T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor. Following a procedure outlined in the Berger manual, he got his smallest group size when jumping .150 to the lands.
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• centerfire
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
            Shot a few groups this weekend. Shotgun patterns. I'll try to post my results in the a couple of days. In the mean time, Johnny over at Johnny's Reloading Bench just tested the 140 RDF in his T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor. Following a procedure outlined in the Berger manual, he got his smallest group size when jumping .150 to the lands.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1esZjx1-0Y
            That was an excellent demonstration.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1esZjx1-0Y
              When I've worked up the 140s for me S'more, I did it for powder charge first at 0.050 off the lands and then did a jump ladder afterwards in 0.020 increments out to around 0.100. 0.020 is where they work the best. 0.020 is where the 175s work best in my 308 RPR also. I did my charge tests first at mag length in the 308 which was around 0.100 off and groups consistently tightened as the jump got smaller. I forget where the 140s were in the powder ladder (I'm thinking around 1/2 MOA and they could do holes in holes at 0.020 if I wasn't a master choke artist). The 175s went from around MOA at mag length to a ragged half MOA hole at 0.020.
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

At a COAL of 2.285, I'm .095 off the lands in my BHW barrel. At the same length, I'm .073 off the lands with my AA barrel. My single five shot group with the AA was about 1.2 MOA

Looking forward to BFT's results. It may be that we just won't be load long enough to make this work.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Sticks
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2016

Might be a single feed Bolt gun pill.
                  Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• jason miller
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                    Might be a single feed Bolt gun pill.
                    They very well might be.

I've only run some velocity ladders so far, but a set of 5 charges of AR Comp in .2 grain increments went sub-MOA in my Howa at 2.420" the other day. I loaded up another set with a middle charge to try and get a baseline for further seating depth testing. I would assume that 5 rounds with the same charge SHOULD group better than 5 different charges...

Even if I have to single load them, that's how 90% of my shooting is done anyway- and probably how 100% of shooting with an RDF would go.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

I just measured my Howa and I am 1.774 to the lands I am calling it 1.770 for that little bit of grab. Not sure what the COAL would be with the RDF on that Ogive. The mags will take a 2.330, could probably stretch out to 2.4 if one took some skin off the inside of the singe stack mags.

I know that measurement with a 123 ELD gave me a COAL of 2.35.
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

I am finding the 70 gr .224 RDFs don't like a big jump either in .223. Really promising velocity 2830 sd 7 es 20 out of a 20" and decent groups at 50 yds but they start spraying at 100 at 2.255 (Magpul mag length). Barrel shoots better groups with Norma TAC 223.
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• jason miller
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

I don't even know where the 130's hit the lands in my Howa. I just eyeballed one to seat the shank/boattail junction about even with the neck/shoulder junction, checked to see if it would chamber, and kept that depth.

My mag takes 2.335". And I did sand the inside of my mag for my .223 Howa. 2.4 is a pretty good guess of what's possible. If you're going to do that, though, be careful. I used a dremel to get into the corners and blew through mine.

I think 123 amaxes were around 2.336" to the lands in my rifle. 2.330" puts them thirty thousandths off, which is just about perfect for my magazine.

Comment

• centerfire
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Can one of you with the seconds RDF measure the bullet with a comparator? I'm seeing .005+ variation in the CC 123 and about the same in the 6mm RDF. I doubt the CC 123 are going to shoot. The 6mm RDF I have do not shoot.

Comment

• ricsmall
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2014

The 123 blems will shoot. I’ve shot several 1-1-4” groups at 400 yds with them. Just load and give a go. My most accurate loads matched up with the nosler book most accurate loads. YMMV
                              Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• jonny rotton
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2015

over runs are in stock now for $22.95

Comment

Working...
                                X