X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koden
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post these Brut. Looks like the ogive starts about 0.1" outside the case mouth if one trims their brass to 1.51". It's probably going to be quite the jump to lands running mag length.

Comment

• centerfire
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Thanks for posting pictures. I won't get a chance to try them out for a few months. I'm curious what your results are with them. Based on my experience with the 6mm RDF I am somewhat skeptical the design with play well with the jump necessary to seat to magazinbe length.

Comment

• brut28481
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

Agreed, going to be more like a pole vault then a jump to the lands in the grrr. I have ran the 140 RDF in my Creed and 105 RDF in my dasher. Both seem to like 0.04-0.02.....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

The beauty of the SAAMI chamber is that the first angle of shallow lands start immediately as the bullet enters the throat — so you're already "in the lands." Design goal is to reasonably accommodate the various ogive shapes of the many 6.5mm bullets.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• centerfire
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I hope you're right. I'm going to keep an eye out at the Nosler Pro Shop for seconds.

Comment

• brut28481
              Warrior
              • Mar 2016

I forgot about that, is that called compound throat?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Yes, that's the compound throat. SAAMI drawings are here on the forum and elsewhere online. I, myself, am not an expert interpreter of machinist drawings, but the way I read the SAAMI spec is that the first 0.155 of the throat, where commonly there is freebore, has a 0'30" or half-degree angle. This is the first angle of the compound throat. The second angle is a standard 1'30' or one-and-a-half degrees and continues for 0.109 until the lands reach their full height.

This assumes, of course, that your barrel maker used a SAAMI-spec reamer.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Results of the first range trip.

I decided to shoot ladders. 20 rounds total, 10 each in CFE223 and LeveRevolution. 5 each at 2.275 and 2.285. I’ll leave it up to the horde to interpret. Groups, charge weights and velocities are attached. The 2.285 results were better.

Shot from a 22” BHW chamber in .264 LBC, prone off a bipod at 200 yards.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by biodsl; 01-21-2018, 01:59 PM.
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                    Results of the first range trip.

I decided to shoot ladders. 20 rounds total, 10 each in CFE223 and LeveRevolution. 5 each at 2.275 and 2.285. I’ll leave it up to the horde to interpret. Groups, charge weights and velocities are attached. The 2.285 results were better.

Shot from a 22” BHW chamber in .264 LBC, prone off a bipod at 200 yards.
                    I’m usually much more methodical, but I’d interpret that as there being some hope. What sort of speeds do you get with those powders with 123s?
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                      What sort of speeds do you get with those powders with 123s?
                      I've never shot LVR under a 123. My CFE load is 31.2 grains under a 123 Amax @2.245.
                      @40 degrees it averages about 2500 fps
                      @50 degrees it's about 2544 fps
                      @60 degrees, 2561 fps
                      @90 degrees, 2661 fps

Here are some Berger 130 AR Hybrid OTM averages. Loaded @2.265 with LVR
                      @40 degrees, 2483 fps
                      @62 degrees, 2513 fps
                      @75 degrees 2581 fps

EDIT: I should add that factory 123 SST averaged 2510 on the same day I collected the RDF data.
                      Last edited by biodsl; 01-21-2018, 05:03 PM.
                      Paul Peloquin

Comment

• centerfire
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2017

I'd shoot 5 shot groups in .2gr increments from 30.3 to 30.9 LeveR. That's looks like the velocity node.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Loaded up my new N130RDFs with CFE and LVR in 0.2gr increments from 30.0 to 31.0 and went to range with Sneaky, but Magnetospeed attachment strap unraveled and crapped out when we'd barely gotten started.

To be continued. . . .

Comment

• jason miller
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                            Loaded up my new N130RDFs with CFE and LVR in 0.2gr increments from 30.0 to 31.0 and went to range with Sneaky, but Magnetospeed attachment strap unraveled and crapped out when we'd barely gotten started.
                            Dang! Did you get any readings at all? Anything look promising for groups?

Comment

• biodsl
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2011

Heart break! What COAL are you going with? My 2.275 loads were not as good as 2.285.

Centerfire ~ Did the LVR look better than CFE or is it a wash at this point? LVR did better for me with the 130 Bergers.
                              Paul Peloquin

Comment

• brut28481
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2016

To be continued. . . .
                                Grr....New barrel comes tomorrow and was hoping to have some CFE data points from the horde to work from. On a semi related note, ran ladder with creed H4350/130 RDF/ 0.04" off the lands, 41.9-43.1. Was a total mess until 43.1@2918, the node comeith. Went from 1.5-2 MOA to 4 on top of each other with almost no vertical dispersion. They seemed to want to be driven pretty hard in the creed. Hopefully there is another node lower for the grr....

Comment

Working...
                                X