• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Done. Nosler — of all people! — did it.

Most. Beautiful. 6.5mm. 130gr. Ever.

If they can manufacture it, like Berger and Sierra, with dimensional consistency over large lots, it should be the bullet to beat.

And now just shave 15gr off the middle of the bearing surface and give us that exact bullet in 115gr, dedicated to Grendel powder capacity.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• brut28481
      Warrior
      • Mar 2016

B.C: G1 .615 / G7 .307

Nosler, the world's finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, & brass. We manufacture Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition and much more.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

Originally posted by brut28481 View Post
        Oh boy.... just put them into Shooter at 2450 and 1000 yd 10mph wind drift would be 1.6 mils vs 1.9 mils for my pet load of 123 Scenars at 2560.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

F70FF44C-79AB-476F-A75F-37237D3A84C5.jpeg
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• brut28481
            Warrior
            • Mar 2016

Ordered 500 blems from Shooters Pro Shop. I also run 130 golden Targets in my Creed. The BC of this one Beats that bullet and the Berger 130 hybrid. I'll get them to choot in one of those rigs

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

B.C: G1 .615 / G7 .307
              I thought Nosler had a reputation of being guilty until proven innocent as far as their advertised BCs go?
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Ordered 500 blems from Shooters Pro Shop. I also run 130 golden Targets in my Creed. The BC of this one Beats that bullet and the Berger 130 hybrid. I'll get them to choot in one of those rigs
                Yeah - I put these in Shooter for me S’more and keeping all else equal, 1k wind drift is 10% less over the NGTs and they’re holding 70 fps more velocity at that mark. Looks like they’ll get another 150 yds before going subsonic in my parts. 130s going 2820 pretty much has identical performance as the 140s at 2700. I have over 1k of 140s so I guess I’ll have to buy a bolt gun lol.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  I thought Nosler had a reputation of being guilty until proven innocent as far as their advertised BCs go?
                  They do, but if anything, I’ve found the 140s and 175s are a tad understated.
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• brut28481
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2016

Agreed on the 140 RDF's. A fellow shooter of mine has ran close to 500 of the 140's out to 1k and the stated G7 is holding if not a tad higher.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Good deal. Maybe they've gotten more serious about their data for long-rangers. They're certainly on the right track with that gorgeous bullet!

Comment

• Azureoval
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2016

I did some measurements today with a few of my guns. On my 24" Brownells Satern Grendel barrel I touched the lands at 2.414.
                        On my Bolt Action 6.5 Creed it was 2.890 or 2.201 CBTO and on my AR Creed it was 2.885.
                        The OAL on this batch vary's 10 thou so keep that in mind although the Ogive measurements were +-.001.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• centerfire
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                            I’ve heard some people say that RDFs like a jump in their barrel, but that would be a serious leap in Grendel.

Best I could get the 175s to at mag length was 0.08 off in my RPR (and 0.08 off is where I’ve heard some people say their sweet spot is). Shot around MOA and I knew I was on to something. I’ve ended up single loading at .02 off for 0.5 moa. Not that big of a deal since I never fling bolt brass onto the ground, and pushing a 175 with a .27 G7 at 2660 trued up to 2685 out of a 20” makes it worthwhile.

That’s even long for CM. I run the 140s at 2.845 which is 0.03 off. I use C Products mags for those since they allow a COAL of 2.87+.
                            I loaded 105 RDF over my 105 VLD pet load and it did not work out. The loads were .005 off the lands and the further back I seated them the worse they got. The 105VLD are sub 1/2" groups and the RDF were 1". I have not shot the 6.5 RDF though.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Comment

• ErikS
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2017

As long as they group, they could be fun.
                                #shareyourspare

Comment

Working...
                                X