• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • centerfire
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
    Heart break! What COAL are you going with? My 2.275 loads were not as good as 2.285.

Centerfire ~ Did the LVR look better than CFE or is it a wash at this point? LVR did better for me with the 130 Bergers.
    I was just going by the chronograph results. The tight velocity clusters are where I'd start.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by brut28481 View Post
      Grr....New barrel comes tomorrow and was hoping to have some CFE data points from the horde to work from. On a semi related note, ran ladder with creed H4350/130 RDF/ 0.04" off the lands, 41.9-43.1. Was a total mess until 43.1@2918, the node comeith. Went from 1.5-2 MOA to 4 on top of each other with almost no vertical dispersion. They seemed to want to be driven pretty hard in the creed. Hopefully there is another node lower for the grr....
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

JM, got only first four readings on the mildest loads for the workup. Be happy to report them, but nothing of note. Basically warm up shots. Am strictly testing load safety this time round, not accuracy. Used my 16" barrel with a red-dot sight at 25-yard indoor range. (Hey, it's winter in Minnesota! )

BD, really, really wanted to load to 2.290. Mags were not havin' it. Ended up at 2.260 or thereabouts — 130 RDFs were blems from Shooter's Pro Supply and nose lengths were a bit inconsistent, even with the tightly closed meplats. Still gonna try hard to push out COL on subsequent reloading sessions, but this is where I'm at this time 'round.

U P D A T E : Not that it matters, but for the record N130RDF with CFE with SAAMI chamber in a 16" nitrided BBL at 2.260 charged with 30.2 went: 2208, 2213, 2210. CFE 30.4 went 2225 and 2228, at which point my MagnetoSpeed attachment strap broke.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• brut28481
          Warrior
          • Mar 2016

About 15 feet per second slower. My 130 Norma golden Target are 2930 at 43.1. That's a 26-inch Criterion Barrel

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Most bizarre thing that has happened at ranges lately- cheapo sewing- stitching job fails, to the point of no string left at all. How does saving a Dime entice new Magneto speed customers.

We need to beatch a bit BFT. Epic failure...

I had my 10 rnd. mag. than can run to 2.32 , easily. John said he wanted data for the masses with 2.26 as a standard. He did the powder measuring, I pushed in the bullets== crunchy...

105-110 % fill with the fluffy cfe.

Lever looked less bulky in the case. I'm gonna run some numbers with Tac. Also less bulky- space consuming . CFE is my most recent fave, but nothing wrong with Old school if fill rates results improve a bit.

We all end up with a few Lbs. of powder on the bench that we only use -here & there. That's the life of a reloader, experimenter- trial by shooting type of person. Always Look Forward. Yes,,,,,ALF- sorry that's how we think positive in MN. Winter can get coldy, ALF! Spring is a comin!

A many will remember the show years back called ALF-- a puppet was on tv as the star on the show. Good comedy.

More later--- I really like this 130 bullet for target work. Good find BFT. We will do our best to dial it in to help the gang out.

Brut, that things a cruise missle !
            Last edited by sneaky one; 01-24-2018, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• centerfire
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

I dropped by the pro shop but there wasn't any 6.5 RDF seconds in stock, just 77gr RDF. They had some 123gr Custom Comp for $0.18 ea.

NosCC65mm.jpg

Comment

• brut28481
                Warrior
                • Mar 2016

Ran the 130 rdf out to 990. The stated G 7 of 0.307 seems to be dead on in my 65 Creed. That's right around 2900 feet per second down in Southwest Florida about 75 degree temperature. 50% humidity pressure at 30.33

Comment

• brut28481
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2016

Wind gusting from 4 to 12 right to left

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Happy to hear Nosler's advertised BCs are being confirmed.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

From everything I've been seeing from the PRS crowd, the Nosler RDF line does not have inflated BCs so far.

The previous generation of hunting bullets are normally compared or measured for BC out to 200-300yds, so any variation is difficult to measure within such short flight time.

The popularity of long-range shooting has really grabbed the market by the ear and dragged it along into a new generation of bullet characteristics being quantified in a usable manner for those of us who shoot 1000yds and beyond regularly.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• koden
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2014

Shooters Pro Shop has over run 130 RDF's in stock. Has anyone gotten any faster readings yet? I've got a couple boxes coming. I figure even if I dont like them in the grendel they will work great in the 260 I want to build.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

Just like with my other comparisons between my .260 Rem and 22" 6.5 Grendel, you lose 200yds of supersonic reach going down to the Grendel, which is still supersonic out to 1200yds with the 130gr RDF at sea level using the G7 drag model.

At the lowest spots near me, it's supersonic out to 1500yds from the 22" 6.5 Grendel.

From a 12" Grendel pushing 2275fps mv, it's supersonic out to 1300yds for me at 4400ft, 27.4" hg.

The 12" at sea level would have 1025yds supersonic reach.

Can't wait to get my order in and load some up for the 12" Grendel. With suppressor boost, I should be at 2300fps with that bullet.
                          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            Just like with my other comparisons between my .260 Rem and 22" 6.5 Grendel, you lose 200yds of supersonic reach going down to the Grendel, which is still supersonic out to 1200yds with the 130gr RDF at sea level using the G7 drag model.

At the lowest spots near me, it's supersonic out to 1500yds from the 22" 6.5 Grendel.

From a 12" Grendel pushing 2275fps mv, it's supersonic out to 1300yds for me at 4400ft, 27.4" hg.

The 12" at sea level would have 1025yds supersonic reach.

Can't wait to get my order in and load some up for the 12" Grendel. With suppressor boost, I should be at 2300fps with that bullet.
                            It used to be "100 yards is a long pistol shot." Now it's 1000!
                            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Sticks
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2016

I would love to see some speed results that people are getting that are accurate.

May need to sell off 500+ 123 ELD pills.
                              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• koden
                                Bloodstained
                                • Sep 2014

I got 2 boxes of the 130 RDF's delivered today. Also picked up some 130 TMK's. I'll try and get out this weekend and do some OCW test over the chrono but the wife may have other plans.

I grabbed one of all the types of bullets I have in 6.5 to compare seating depth. The tips of the bullets in the pic below are all aligned to see how much case intrusion each one has. The loaded rounds on either side are 123 SST's loaded to 2.265".

20180206_155629.jpg

I didnt get a 107 TMK which I am bummed about.

Powders I am going to try with the 130 RDF and 130 TMK will be CFE 223, Varmint and AR Comp. I am assuming AR Comp will not get the speeds we need before the case fills up though. I also have 8208 that works well for the 107 SMK but I'm not interested in trying it in the heavies for safety reasons.

So far my rifle has not liked CFE 223 from an accuracy standpoint with the 123g bullets. Hopefully it will shoot the 130's ok with a fast node. Im not holding my breath though.

Comment

Working...
                                X