• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
    How do you like it?
    I havent picked it up yet. He's bedding it for me now. Going to shoot it saturday.

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
      Ruger has a tell the CEO contact page. Would it do any good for us to use it or would it just tic them off? What version 6mm Grendel would we ask for?
      I would think it would be easier to have Hornady just resize the necks on the existing brass so one case would cover 224/243/264. It would help them keep costs down and therefore be more likely to happen. It would be a big fuck you to Federal to make 22 Grendel, it would kill the Valkyrie.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

And would be a jump on the competition to standardize a 6 grendel. The complete grendel lineup from hornady/ruger/howa would be killer.
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
          ... I assume it'll be a bit before boyds makes a stock. It's been over 7 days since i emailed them and ask, with no reply.
          Call them.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2017

Would be cool if they made a custom weight for each caliber like they did with the 123. 100-110 for the 6 and a 80-90 for the 22. I would think the 6mm Grendel would be a hit with the target guys.

Comment

• hill37
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Tried to "Tell the CEO" that Ruger needed Mini-6.5 and a SAMMI spec. 6mm Grendel. Received a robo reply. I guess I broke it .The form is now unavailable".

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                I kind of chuckle at the creedmore i mean its a great round but it doesnt really do anything new, the 6.5x47 lapua was functionally the same thing as far as seating the bullets out farther in a short action and pre dates it by a few minutes, the 260 has been around for 30 years as a SAAMI cartridge, and the 6.5x55 basically dates back to the beginning of smokeless powder and other than action length none of them do anything particularly new, the grendel nitch is fitting into ar15 and micro bolt actions honestly inside 1200 yards there really hasnt been a dramatic improvement in the 6.5s over the swede other than platform obviously the lighter moving mass and improved lock time of modern actions are an improvement over the mauser but cartridge wise you would be hard pressed to improve upon swede performace in a modern action with modern components in a practical manner
                Yes +1

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
                  Bloodstained
                  • Apr 2017

Buddy of mine just bought an awesome custom sweede. Savage 110 long action with a 28" Blazer barrel. Sweede looks like a modern round quite amazing.

Comment

• Jmccracken
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

Has anyone else with the ruger noticed how much slop is in the bolt when you pull towards the rear? I think its because of how they had to cut it to work with the mag, but you can wiggle/rattle it around quiet a bit.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
                      Has anyone else with the ruger noticed how much slop is in the bolt when you pull towards the rear? I think its because of how they had to cut it to work with the mag, but you can wiggle/rattle it around quiet a bit.
                      No different than the Howa's
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• bamatim
                        Unwashed
                        • Nov 2016

Just bought my 6.5 grendel today. Will be here thursday. The 6.5 G must fly off the shelf because all they had left was a .308 in the predator. I labored a while over the only three i could find. The cz 527, the howa mini, and the rap. my son has the mini howa in the 223 and has good luck with it other than breaking an extractor when he used steel case ammo. he still suggested i get the howa, but i opted for the ruger. guess we can have a lil competition. lol price wise the howa and ruger seem to be about the same. the ar mag was probably the deciding factor between the rifles for me.

Comment

• howl
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

Which has the smoother action between the Ruger and the Howa? I would bet the Ruger, as the bolt has more support at the end of the stroke. I have handled neither.

Comment

• js8588
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by howl View Post
                            Which has the smoother action between the Ruger and the Howa? I would bet the Ruger, as the bolt has more support at the end of the stroke. I have handled neither.
                            I haven't handled the Ruger, but the Howa I checked out in Cabela's the other day was butter smooth.

Comment

• howl
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Thanks.

Comment

• Javman
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2016

Factory mag with Hornady 123 ammo, only about a tenth on an inch to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X