• Show
Clear All
  • 10esmus
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

So.... uh....

Does it have a Type I or Type II bolt?

Joke!!!

I suppose they will all be gone soon. Of all the times to be dis-employed.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
      LRRPF52,

I think Rugers ability to come up with winners is its keen eye for what is going on in the market. They see a trend, and bring out what people want. Remington sucks, I have had nothing but trouble with the last 2-3 Remington 700 rifles purchased. Scope base holes drilled off center, soft bolts, poor customer service. Ruger is also beholden to itself, not like Remington, who under Cerbus. Ruger has a management team that cares about its customers, its stock holders, and the quality of its products. A2
      I agree.
      Ruger firearms may have some flaws, but it's clear they try to competently deliver what people are looking for. Remington is where good ideas are mismanaged at every single step until they die.
      "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
      -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I wonder how well a CA Mini-6.5 Grendel Ranch Rifle would sell on the Mini-30 action.

They already have the action, bolt, and mags for it.

If they could make it accurate, that might be a win for them in ban States that allow Mini-14s and Mini-30s, but not normal AR15s. Here's a great thread on an ASI Mini Grendel conversion from a fellow forum member who has used it to

For those of you who have suffered over the Mini 30's inherently inaccurate barrel, I offer relief. Check out my Mini 30 conversion to a Mini 6.5! The work was done by Accuracy Systems, Inc. in Byers, CO. New furniture, 1x8 twist 21"x.850" satin finished bull barrel, 11 degree target crown, 3.5# trigger. I'm still

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          I wonder how well a CA Mini-6.5 Grendel Ranch Rifle would sell on the Mini-30 action. They already have the action, bolt, and mags for it.
          And, IIRC, my 1980's Mini-14 came with a flush fitting 4 round magazine. It seems like a natural.
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            What is it about the market that they know that most others don't?
            Being really good buddies with Hornady, I think they have the inside track on 6.5 Grendel ammo sales figures.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52
              What is it about the market that they know that most others don't?
              Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
              Being really good buddies with Hornady, I think they have the inside track on 6.5 Grendel ammo sales figures.
              That was my best guess as well.

The numbers of adding another SKU don't make sense for Ruger's business model if the sales aren't there, especially in the current climate, which has a lot of headwind for traditional US gun-makers in it.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
                Bloodstained
                • Apr 2017

If they are buddy buddy with Hornady it would be awesome if the two of um would get together on the 6mm and 22 Grendel.

Comment

• ricsmall
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Smokehouse_83 View Post
                  If they are buddy buddy with Hornady it would be awesome if the two of um would get together on the 6mm and 22 Grendel.
                  My thoughts exactly on the 22 grendel. I emailed hornady about dies for the 22 grendel and they are custom order only. I suggested they try and standardize the 22 grendel to compete with the Valkyrie. It would be awesome to have all three. Especially the 22 grendel loaded with some 80 grain eld m!
                  Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• ConcernedCitizen
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
                    Well I have one in my hot little hands. Sorry for the grainy pictures.

Overall, I'd say that it is exactly as I expected. A Ruger American that takes AR mags. Here it is above my son's Ruger American Predator in 308.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11000[/ATTACH]

It ships with one ten round C-Products Defense mag.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11004[/ATTACH]

The stock is "better" but it is still obviously a plastic stock. It's not as flimsy as some other Ruger American stocks that I've seen, but it is pretty squishy. The biggest improvement is in the magazine. I've always hated the Ruger American rotary magazines and they have totally changed that. It almost looks like you could replace the stock and keep the mag well or vice-versa.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10999[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11001[/ATTACH]

The mag well stops right after the magazine catch. This allows for a little "rocking" motion of the magazine. I didn't notice it with the ten round mag, but it was noticeable with the larger capacity mag. I'd almost rather them extend the magwell down some to support the magazine more since you can't use flush mount mags anyways. My large C-Products mag was tight in the Ruger. That particular mag is tight in some of my AR lowers as well. I tried one C-Products 10 round mag, 1 C-Products 20 round mag and two E-Lander 10 round mags. They all worked well except for the 20 round C-Products (which has some issues in certain ARs as well).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11002[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11003[/ATTACH]

You can't close the bolt with an empty mag unless you drop the mag or push the follower down with your finger.
                    I really hope they make another model with the 18" barrel, just like the .308 RAP in your photo.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Since I've got my howa Grendel (20" HB) I'll probably not do one in the RARP... however I might just go in for that 6.5 creedmoor one......... thinking, thinking, thinking...

when are all these new ones supposed to be really on the shelf? I haven't seen many yet, just the older models.
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• hill37
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

About half a dozen Rugers on gunbroker. All the Howas seem to be last years models. One or two CZs.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2015

Hill,

Mine arrives at the dealer today. Hoping for paperwork to start Saturday for my 10 day wait. I hate this fucking state. A2

Comment

• Jmccracken
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
                            Hill,

Mine arrives at the dealer today. Hoping for paperwork to start Saturday for my 10 day wait. I hate this fucking state. A2
                            Damn what state is that? That sucks! I bought mine from a member here, he lives in Washington, near canada... Shipped it to my FFL here in NC, 6 days later. its mine! no waiting even from a dealer. As soon as it arrives, i can pick it up. Im having mine bedded in the plastic stock for now. I assume it'll be a bit before boyds makes a stock. It's been over 7 days since i emailed them and ask, with no reply.

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Ruger has a tell the CEO contact page. Would it do any good for us to use it or would it just tic them off? What version 6mm Grendel would we ask for?

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
                                Damn what state is that? That sucks! I bought mine from a member here, he lives in Washington, near canada... Shipped it to my FFL here in NC, 6 days later. its mine! no waiting even from a dealer. As soon as it arrives, i can pick it up. Im having mine bedded in the plastic stock for now. I assume it'll be a bit before boyds makes a stock. It's been over 7 days since i emailed them and ask, with no reply.
                                How do you like it?
                                Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                                X