• usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Great news!!!!!!! A2

Comment

• 204 AR
      Warrior
      • Sep 2015

Love it, want one. I have one of these in 6.5 creed and one in 204, they are both plenty accurate. The biggest problem is the mag length of the 204 limits it to 2.27", which is ridiculous in a bolt gun. Now this has me thinking of a conversion to AR mags, stainless mags will get you 2.3 or a bit longer.

Comment

• Armadillo66
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2017

I really am curious if we will see a Scout Rifle configuration, seems like it should be easy enough for Ruger to make those in 6.5 Grendel, if they come out with a version of the Mini 30 in 6.5 Grendel that can use AR mags that would be slick

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

I wonder if this was as a direct answer to our requests to the CEO?? Anyway you look at this, Howa has some serious competition. I wonder how many Howas will hit the classifieds in the coming months.

Its nice to see Ruger didn't just change barrels from their 7.62x39 guns. They changed the barrel length, contour, and the magazines.

Thanks, Dinny
          Last edited by Dinny; 01-03-2018, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• stumpjumper3d
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2017

If this is true it just blew my hope of a ranch rifle in the grendel. Another thing seems odd is they did not use the mags from the mini 30 like in the ranch rifle for the 7.62x39. Maybe Ruger can make theirs work better than my howa. At least if it is an AR mag you can get a 5 shot mag that will fit more flush with the bottom of the gun. Maybe I`ll just get one of these and have the barrel shortened.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Armadillo66 View Post
              I really am curious if we will see a Scout Rifle configuration, seems like it should be easy enough for Ruger to make those in 6.5 Grendel, if they come out with a version of the Mini 30 in 6.5 Grendel that can use AR mags that would be slick
              E43BB621-9940-4C33-B339-DA59F756B858.jpeg
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

I think they're just using a P-mag for the marketing photo, and the marketing people don't yet realize the P-mag doesn't really allow Grendel usage.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 204 AR
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  I think they're just using a P-mag for the marketing photo, and the marketing people don't yet realize the P-mag doesn't really allow Grendel usage.
                  Yeah it's the same pic for the 204 and I assume all the other small calibers they are coming out with using ar mags. The bigger calibers are listed as using ai mags.

Comment

• js8588
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2017

Ruger is getting so much of my money this year.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Now all I need to do is find out when Boyds will make their stocks for this one. If they come out with the AT-1 that fits this bad boy, my grendel family might just grow by one more.......
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Dinny
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
                        Ruger is getting so much of my money this year.
                        Mine too. I'm waiting for the PC Carbine in 45 ACP.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                          Now all I need to do is find out when Boyds will make their stocks for this one. If they come out with the AT-1 that fits this bad boy, my grendel family might just grow by one more.......
                          Check their website. I'm pretty sure the AT-ONE and several other of their variations are all available for the RARR. Fitment kinda depends on the mag well.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

I decked out a 300BLK RARR last year. It had a Matthew's kydex adjustable cheek riser, a Glades Tactical bolt handle and knob, and an A2 style flash hider. They were all easily assembled at home and required no gunsmithing.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Niles Coyote
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                              I suspect we will have the same issue as I do with my 7.62x39 ruger american... the DBM magazine system is an integral part of the OEM stock and non removable so until someone makes a replacement we will be out of luck.

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Niles Coyote View Post
                                I suspect we will have the same issue as I do with my 7.62x39 ruger american... the DBM magazine system is an integral part of the OEM stock and non removable so until someone makes a replacement we will be out of luck.
                                O. Well. I'll keep watching and see what develops. If you're right that's kind of a strike against it imo. Those plastic skinny stocks don't hold up under a bipod very well.
                                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X