Aero Precision is out with their new Grendel uppers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Aero Precision is out with their new Grendel uppers.

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

I received one of thier m4e1 enhanced kits for my latest build and I'm blown away with the quality, thought and finish.

I understand BA is makimg barrels for them.. quite excited for a range report.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

If that’s true, for the cost of this upper with the eventual bcg... can’t see why anyone would go this route over an UU kit. I mean I know I drink the Larue look-aid but man, doesn’t seem competitive. Am I missing something?

I’m not in any way bashing Aero, those folks know how to make good parts. Im surprised at the price point, maybe I shouldn’t be.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

What's the cost of a standard UU kit? All range reports prove the Larue barrels shoot amazingly well.

I honestly haven't seen many reports on the BA Grendel barrels either.

I'm still not sure of BA is using the SAAMI chamber... they are still listing them as Grendel II, although they might just be referring to the .136 bolt..

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

$800 iirc.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

That price for Aero is a bit high IMO as well, but that is directly from Aero. My guess is that you will find it for less elsewhere in the near future.
              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                If that’s true, for the cost of this upper with the eventual bcg... can’t see why anyone would go this route over an UU kit. I mean I know I drink the Larue look-aid but man, doesn’t seem competitive. Am I missing something?

I’m not in any way bashing Aero, those folks know how to make good parts. Im surprised at the price point, maybe I shouldn’t be.
                The M4E1 system. If JP is my crack, the M4E1 system is my Heisenberg blue crystal. I don’t like all of the artificial coloring in Koolaid.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Hmmm... Seems that the boys in Colorado view a wide variety of interests through a pharmaceutical prism...
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

I laughed out loud just now. Can’t blame a guy for not liking coolaid. Some have indeed given it a bad rep. But I’m not losing sleep over my consistent sub moa results. I did feel somewhat impressed by my two blemished receivers from Aero. They were obviously well made, and thought out. If I had to say though, not on the same level as the Larue kit.

All in all, when the price drops via sales, I think the advantage would swing towards the Aero set up somewhat.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2017

While I won't likely have funds to buy anything like the UU or M4E1 kits anytime soon, I am very enthused to see Grendel getting support from more - and larger - mfrs. This is nothing but good for everyone!

Comment

• Irbuff
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2017

Not that I disagree with the comments but you have to remember not everyone can afford to drop $900-1100 all at once where as $500-600 is a little easier. Granted you get a lot more with the UU kit but it's still almost double the money. Just my thoughts on it.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                          Hmmm... Seems that the boys in Colorado view a wide variety of interests through a pharmaceutical prism...
                          I’m accustomed to using analogies that my fellow Coloradans can understand
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

Originally posted by Irbuff View Post
                            Not that I disagree with the comments but you have to remember not everyone can afford to drop $900-1100 all at once where as $500-600 is a little easier. Granted you get a lot more with the UU kit but it's still almost double the money. Just my thoughts on it.
                            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• cb4017
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2016

I've used a lot of Aero Precision stuff and it's good to do. Get on the Aero Precision email listing and you'll get constant sale notifications. That and if you are current/prior military or first responder they will give you an additional 10% discount. I've just finished building a complete Aero Precision .308 Rifle for $825.

I've already got a LaRue 6.5 Grendel and one built with a Proof Research 20" barrel so I have no need for another right now. But if I did one of these would be a consideration.

Nice to see the Grendel take off like it has this last year.
                              Cliff
                              USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X