X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Classic firearms 16" barrel

I have been thinking about going down the 6.5 Grendel rabbit hole for awhile now and I stumbled upon this barrel for $86, seems to be a BCA barrel.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these, a few searches have yielded promising results.

Am I a fool for considering this? My logic is at $86 if I don't like it I can sell it to someone for $60 and get a decent barrel.

Just wanted a few opinions on this.
  • howl
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Primary Arms was selling them for $50 recently. If it doesn't work it's a short tomato stake. I think your decision should reflect what you expect to accomplish. If its just for plinking with steel case, a BCA barrel is appropriate. If you'll be disgusted with anything less than sub-MOA, spend some money. The BCA might do, but then again not having a bad experience with a cheap barrel is like getting an $86+ discount.

You can get a Ballistic Advantage barrel for under three hundred. For not much more you can get a complete upper from Sanders Armory with a Faxon barrel.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I just assembled my group buy Faxon 18” barrel. The Faxon’s are really good barrels with 4150 CMV QPQ finish 5R 1:8 twist. The Group Buy barrel has great profile which makes this barrel ideal for hunting, or an all purpose rifle. I can’t imagine you not being able to get your money back trying to sell this Faxon barrel if the 6.5 Grendel is not your cup of tea.

The Classic Firearms 6.5 Grendel barrels are believed to be Bear Creek Arsenal. BCA has good customer service and at their price point they’ve had a few issues but their CS has been good. For the price of the CF/BCA is worth the gamble.

I already owned a Faxon 16”Group Buy barrel and saw all the cheap 6.5 Grendel barrels over the Holidays. I wanted the Faxon 18” GB barrel for $195 delivered. After shooting my 18” 6.5 Grendel I like my choice. Only the OP can decide.

Gentlemen, Esteemed Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of the Horde, here is the official kick-off for our group buy of mid-length 18" 6.5 Grendel barrels manufactured by our esteemed partner, Faxon Firearms. Hunters find this length a great compromise between velocity and handling. These barrels feature a medium-light profile
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-04-2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• sscandyman
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2017

My BCA 16" will pretty well cloverleaf Hornady Black at 100 yards ( on a led sled, I aint nowhere near that good) everything else opens up to 1"-2.5" but I'm very happy with my $90 purchase

Comment

Working...
        X