• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilecoyote
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
    I liked the JP Captured Spring too but being retired on a budget the cost was just too much for me. I learned about the Armaspec Stealth Captured Spring at less than half price of the JP and bought one, and after around 500 rds on it I like it a lot. I don't even notice the recoil, there's zero noise, my muzzle stays near the target after a shot and it eliminates carrier drag during cycling. It was one of the items which helped to solve my extraction/ejections problems along with an adjustable gas block. I also like not having to remove the buffer stop detent to install it. It took me just a few minutes to learn to pull the handle all the way back when manually cycling the action.
    Very true on all accounts.

Comment

• js8588
      Warrior
      • Jul 2017

Fitted the Larue MBT to an upper and gave it a couple dry-fires. Vastly prefer it to my Geissele at far less than half the price. Why it makes so much of a difference with an upper, I'd love to know. I see why people love them.

I still prefer the Triggertech, but if you're on a budget, I really don't know that you can do better than the Larue.

Comment

• wilecoyote
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

I have an MBT to throw in my 458 and will probably use one in my carbine. They are not bad for the price. I tried the MBT in my Grendel and my Creedmoor, wasn't a fit for me in either. I'm not going to even bother trying in my 6mm build. I'll stick with a Triggertech in it unless I come across an AR Gold first. The MBT fits a spot for me, just not in my precision rigs. I wouldn't toss an AR Gold or Triggertech in my carbine or 458 since for me something else fits their role better.

Geissele aren't bad either. I preferred the SSA-E to the SD-E. I haven't tried a HSNM but would like to. That's why they made my second favorite ranking, until I tried the Triggertech and the list shifted.

Leveling prices across the board buy Geissele makes me wonder. Nothing is free, so you have an SSA and an SSA-E... a bit lighter pull? Spring? Polishing? One is an item, the other work but that means more went into one than the other. If there wasn't and that there wasn't then most (including myself) over paid for the "E" models when the SSA or SD (if there is one, I know there isn't) are the same triggers. Those that paid for the SSA before the hike should be happy, they got a deal. But if they are the same trigger, could the price have been brought down to what the SSA was? I know I'll catch hell for those comments. They aren't a bitch or complaint, just a bit of wonder.

I have my other XLR stock arriving today. The Grendel will end up with it. I'll use a standard carbine spring with it till I get a silent captured spring for it when I do my bigger parts order. The PRS I had for the new AR10 sold, now to sell off the AR15 or it ends up in the parts box. By the time I'm done I'll probably be able to put together a pretty nice build, hell maybe two hahaha...

Just sitting and waiting on my yearly bonus. So the next bit of research will be on another scope. Unfortunately, with something like that I can't buy 5, try them and find the one I like best. I know I like the two I already have so maybe I'll just look at the higher power. Then I need an optic for that 458. Thinking Aimpoint, don't know if i want to throw an ACOG on it. Might try the one I have on my carbine and see how I like it on the 458....

Comment

Working...
        X