• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tex Nomex
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Good to hear.
    And good on Lilja for not quibbling and making the quick decision to put the customer first.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• brut28481
      Warrior
      • Mar 2016

On a side note, I just got the 130 rdf in and ladders loaded for the Creed. I sure hope this new lilja barrel like these 130s because these are some beauties!

Comment

• koden
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by brut28481 View Post
        On a side note, I just got the 130 rdf in and ladders loaded for the Creed. I sure hope this new lilja barrel like these 130s because these are some beauties!
        Going further off topic...Can you seat one in a grendel case at 2.260" and post the pic in the reloading forum? Curious to see where the ogive is at that length.

Back on topic, I had a 24" Lilja .260 on a set of mega upper/lowers I built up years ago. That was one of the best shooting guns I had the pleasure of running. The lilja barrel was fantastic. Sold it shortly after the obama inauguration but wish I would have kept it. Couldn't say no to the offer though.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

I be drooling. I've got too many projects to be sure I finish before I get to play with the 130 RDFs. Need to finish 6x45 upper and find a load so I have a bucketful for April P-Doggin. Need to find a 223 load also and make a bucket for a course in April.

What sort of COAL do you have to the lands in the Creed?
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• brut28481
            Warrior
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by koden View Post
            Going further off topic...Can you seat one in a grendel case at 2.260" and post the pic in the reloading forum? Curious to see where the ogive is at that length.

Back on topic, I had a 24" Lilja .260 on a set of mega upper/lowers I built up years ago. That was one of the best shooting guns I had the pleasure of running. The lilja barrel was fantastic. Sold it shortly after the obama inauguration but wish I would have kept it. Couldn't say no to the offer though.
            Did you lap the mega upper? Requested granted. Look at the 130 RDF thread

Comment

• brut28481
              Warrior
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
              I be drooling. I've got too many projects to be sure I finish before I get to play with the 130 RDFs. Need to finish 6x45 upper and find a load so I have a bucketful for April P-Doggin. Need to find a 223 load also and make a bucket for a course in April.

What sort of COAL do you have to the lands in the Creed?
              My criterion barrel @ 0.04" off lands gives me COAL of 2.860. B-Ogive of 2.226. Running a ladder of 43.1 down to 41.9 H4350 tomorrow. Pics of the 130 RDF vs. the 130 Norma Golden Target. I also run the 105 RDF in my dasher.....
              Last edited by brut28481; 01-18-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

brut,

I have a Mega upper with 65Gr Lilja barrel. I haven't tried to improve it because it doesn't need it. It fits and shoots perfectly.

Mega Arms is a subsidiary of Mega Machine, based in Tumwater WA. They service the aerospace industry located around Seattle which is why their firearm products are so precise.

You could always fit it and see how it shoots, then if not lap it. The idea of lapping every upper regardless just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Klem, it only takes a few moments to lap one, it takes weeks and a lot of ammo to realize that it needed it and then the better part of an hour to break an upper down to lap it. And then you have a whole new set of unknowns - the fit of all parts is never the same as before. I do this for the same reason I carry a spare tire in my truck - hope I never need it but having it and not needing it is always better than sitting on the side of the road wishing that I did have it.

Comment

• koden
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2014

Did you lap the mega upper?
                    I bought the nickle boron coated ambidextrous matched upper/lower. Nothing I do to it would make it better than what their CNC machines did. I have a cheap upper that I should probably lap but nothing from Mega gets touched.

Comment

• centerfire
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

Mega Machine was purchased by Zev and is no longer Mega.

Comment

• koden
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by centerfire View Post
                        Mega Machine was purchased by Zev and is no longer Mega.
                        From the press release:

I'd still buy with confidence. ZEV manufacturing is located at the current Mega address in WA so they will be using the same equipment and probably the same personnel (see attached PDF).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X