• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zcostilla
    Warrior
    • Aug 2017

E-Lander Magazine Sources

-Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by zcostilla View Post
    I REALLY want to sight in my Grendel, but I’m waiting on this cold spell to go away and for my E-Langer magazine. I ordered two weeks ago from LaRue Tactical, and it’s still on backordered. I’m hoping you have some other good sources. I’m not willing to pay $13 shipping for one magazine from Alexander Arms.

I’m pretty torqued off right now about the whole thing, because it didn’t show out of stock when I ordered, and it doesn’t show out of stock now on their website. But apparently they still don’t have an expected date for me to get my order. I’m most likely going to cancel my order first thing Monday and order from Brownells, unless you have a better source. They give a nice military discount that puts it just over a dollar cheaper than LaRue, plus they actually have it in stock.

For all the compliments everyone gives LaRue, I’m just not impressed with their lack of communication and inability to show something out of stock. It isn’t that hard.
    Midway USA is showing some E-Landers in stock: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/19...el-steel-matte

And also some Franklin Armory mags (which I've never heard of): https://www.midwayusa.com/product/48...aluminum-matte

Comment

• kcb38
      Warrior
      • Jun 2017

I'm in the same boat with LaRue. Ordered some 10 and 17 rd mags, never showed backorder, waited a week or more for some kind of confirmation, went to their website to check my order... Backordered with no estimated shipping date. They haven't charged my card yet but still... I sent them an email yesterday to see if they could give me an idea of when they'll be in stock. If I hear from them I'll post up their response.
      - Kirk -

Comment

• tracker12
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

I ordered 2 ACS Mags forom Primary Arms for 13.00 a piece. I really like the quality of them and in limited tests they have worked. Shipping was only $7.00.
        AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• kcb38
          Warrior
          • Jun 2017

From Kevin at LaRue:

Hi Kirk,

I checked on your order for the E-Lander 6.5 Grendel 10 and 17 Round Magazines and see that their currently back ordered. I did a little more digging and was able to confirm that the magazines have shipped, we’re just waiting to get them in. Once they are in, we’ll send it out to you as quickly as possible.
          - Kirk -

Comment

• Frontier Gear
            Warrior
            • Nov 2017

I'm pretty sure (98%) that the Anderson mags are E-Landers. I have two and they are much better than the C-Products mags that I have.

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• blackholegun
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2017

Interesting, looking at the pics from the link compared to one in hand, sure look like they are the same
              Everything I enjoy doing is either illegal, immoral or, just to damn expensive

Comment

• zcostilla
                Warrior
                • Aug 2017

So I called LaRue today and they still show backordered, so I cancelled. So much for their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

but Brownells has them in stock, and I got one for $16.17 plus $3.95 shipping. Should’ve just bought there to begin with.
                -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• kcb38
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by zcostilla View Post
                  Brownells has them in stock, and I got one for $16.17 plus $3.95 shipping.
                  E-Lander? I'm looking at their 10rd mag and they're listing it for $26.
                  - Kirk -

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kcb38 View Post
                    E-Lander? I'm looking at their 10rd mag and they're listing it for $26.

KCB38, zcostilla is a military vet and gets dealer price on some items from Brownell’s. This is the price for Dealers, C&R licensee, Mil/LE active or retired with documentation. If you log in with the mil discount the web site reflects the retail price and veteran price. Not all products from Brownell’s get the discounted price and some products the percentage is less than other products.

Comment

• sschefer
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2018

I have two E-Lander Mags from Aleaxander Arms and found them to be competitively priced. They bear both the E-Laner logo and the Alexander Arms logo. Oddly enough, with the 4 round (legal for hunting deer with a semi auto in many states) would only cycle with two rounds at first then after some shooting it would roughly cycle 3 rounds. I was using Hornady 120 gr Fusion MSR rounds. Even with the 10 round mag that I have, these rounds are really tough to push out of the mag. After doing some web research I found that Mags for the Grendel's have a history of problems and that it was the general consensus.

I bought my Grendel from Alexander because I wanted one from the company that was responsible for it's existence. I decided that in order to accurately identify the problem I was having I needed to also buy ammo from that company that invented it. Yesterday my ammo (130 Swift Scirocco) from Alexander Arms arrived. I put 4 rounds in my 4 round mag and while still pretty stiff, they did slide out smoothly. I haven't broken out the measuring gear yet and I'm about half blind but I swear that the rim of the Hornady's is taller. Is that causing the problem? I'm not sure. I will know more when I get out to the range on Thursday.

As a side note, I did take the spring out of the 10 round and put it in the 4 round and while still stiff, it did cycle all 10 rounds.

The point of this is that if you're having problems with E-lander or any of the others, get 20 rounds of Alexander Arms ammo and if the problem goes away then you know it's not the mag and you need to start looking at different ammo or brass. However, wait until I get back from the range on Thursday before you jump on this, I could be totally wrong..LOL..

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• mdewitt71
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Alexander Arms has a Mil Discount, I have 4 17round E-lander mags on order thru them since Tuesday.
                          They told me they would contact me when they come in stock.
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                          X