• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hdrolling
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

T Box barrel company?

Anyone ever use a TBOX barrel in their grendel? I've never heard of them but I joined a Facebook 6.5 Grendel group and they seem to be a big deal there.

I don't see them being mentioned here and after doing a search only one thread came up that just had a slight mention of them.

I looking at getting a more "top end" barrel instead of my Faxon barrel, I'm leaning towards a Bartlein barrel right now.

Just wondering about the Tbox, anyone know if their GTG?
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Bob Templar used to sell AR-15’s and I read when Bob retired the employee or employees took over the business and reopened as T-Box. I think T-Box has very good quality and are building a good reputation. I thought Templar was located in Arkansas or some where in the southeast.

I can’t remember the name of Bob’s company at the moment as it wasn’t Templar Arms. There was an episode on TV where they featured Bob testing a couple of his AR-15’s at the range and showed his manufacturing facilty. The show was on the Discovery channel but I can’t remember if it was an episode of Tales of the Guns or which one. This show would have been first released in early 2000’s. This was during the same time period where Sabre defense was building their business.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-08-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

If a Bartlien is in your list why look at anything else.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• hdrolling
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
        If a Bartlien is in your list why look at anything else.
        Because of the long wait, I was reading they had some family issues that are creating longer than average barrel wait times for the Bartlien barrels.

Comment

• hdrolling
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Bob Templar used to sell AR-15’s and I read when Bob retired the employee or employees took over the business and reopened as T-Box. I think T-Box has very good quality and are building a good reputation. I thought Templar was located in Arkansas or some where in the southeast.

I can’t remember the name of Bob’s company at the moment as it wasn’t Templar Arms. There was an episode on TV where they featured Bob testing a couple of his AR-15’s at the range and showed his manufacturing facilty. The show was on the Discovery channel but I can’t remember if it was an episode of Tales of the Guns or which one. This show would have been first released in early 2000’s. This was during the same time period where Sabre defense was building their business.
          This Tbox company is here in NC.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I read up trying to find out where Bob was located then found he was probably in North Carolina. I looked around for the name of Bob’s company but couldn’t find it. It bugs me when I can’t remember things like this. It’ll just pop into my brain in a few days and it’ll be like where did that come from. I tried searching for the TV episode but no luck yet. I’m a member of the same FB group hdrolling and Tbox seems to have a lot of satisfied customers. I would suspect Tbox is a small operation. If I remember correctly Bob Templer also manufactured suppressors.

I figured Stan or someone else will chime in who might remember. The more I think about the TV episode it would have been after the sunset of the AWB in 2004.

Comment

• Sean Boburk
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

Its hard to get a read...you see people speak well of liberty and satern there too.

The problem is that the mods (at least some of them) are selling their products and service there. So hard to get a read on what is really bad, or really good there, due to the bias. When you try to dig into the problem someone else is having with another product brand, they start tap dancing. Like I said...hard to get a read on products there (if we are talking about the same forum).

Sean
              Last edited by Sean Boburk; 01-08-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• mdram
                Warrior
                • Sep 2016

I read up trying to find out where Bob was located then found he was probably in North Carolina. I looked around for the name of Bob’s company but couldn’t find it. It bugs me when I can’t remember things like this. It’ll just pop into my brain in a few days and it’ll be like where did that come from. I tried searching for the TV episode but no luck yet. I’m a member of the same FB group hdrolling and Tbox seems to have a lot of satisfied customers. I would suspect Tbox is a small operation. If I remember correctly Bob Templer also manufactured suppressors.

I figured Stan or someone else will chime in who might remember. The more I think about the TV episode it would have been after the sunset of the AWB in 2004.
                an owner, seth gunderson, has a linked in page, i cant see it all, but it mentions templar customs......
                just some targets for printing
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I found an old thread from 2011 where forum members were buying lowers from Templar Consulting LLC in Apex NC.

I’m pretty sure this is the company I was thinking as the logo looks familar.

Hey Bob extended the sale for all of you that did not get the chance to pickup one of his lowers. They are really nice and can be fitted at the rear lug to make a perfect fit to your choice of upper. Here is a pic of one, you would really do well getting one for yourself. $65:cool:

Comment

• ricsmall
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

I found an old thread from 2011 where forum members were buying lowers from Templar Consulting LLC in Apex NC.

I’m pretty sure this is the company I was thinking as the logo looks familar.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...hlight=templar
                    This is bobs company, Templar consulting. He’s a great guy to deal with, and puts out a great barrel. I have one of his bartlein pipes and it will shoot lights out. My first one had a longish throat but would shoot 1/2 moa or better consistently. Seth used to work with bob and was always a pleasure to deal with as well. I would recommend talking with Seth if possible about any questions on the Tbox barrels.

Richard
                    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• hdrolling
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2017

I'll keep this company in mind, just hadn't seen it mentioned here.

I still want to order a Bartlein barrel from Precision Firearms but after their facebook post yesterday about the company splitting up I'm worried there might be delays getting the barrel made.

Some NEWS Concerning Precision Firearms!

Precision Firearms is splitting into Two Companies: Precision and Samurai Firearms. Same quality just mainly doing this to separate our tactical rifles from our Benchrest and Bolt Guns. Precision Firearms will continue to make All Sidewinder, STIR, Neptune, Equinox, Enterprise, Terminus Bolt Rifles. Samurai will take over Katana, Pandora, Havoc, Aries, and all other Tactical Rifles and Uppers. This transition will take almost all year to complete. Will not delay production though.

Comment

• mdram
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2016

it would be nice to know who makes thier blanks, but i cant find any info on it
                        just some targets for printing
                        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• beastep
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2018

I think I know the FB group you are talking about and they push the T Box barrel real hard on there. It may be a great barrel but I hate it when people push stuff that hard and act like you are an idiot for buying anything else. Just mention the name Bear Creek on that group and see what happens.

Comment

• glk45
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by beastep View Post
                            I think I know the FB group you are talking about and they push the T Box barrel real hard on there. It may be a great barrel but I hate it when people push stuff that hard and act like you are an idiot for buying anything else. Just mention the name Bear Creek on that group and see what happens.
                            Your last sentence nailed it.

Comment

• Popeye212
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by glk45 View Post
                              Your last sentence nailed it.
                              Yep, mention barrel and you get Tbox commercials.

Comment

Working...
                              X