• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDet
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by 454bore View Post
    I've heard that most silencer companies are going monolithic core for a less expensive product.
    You can buy a mystic X on sale for 599 and it will shoot 300mag and under plus easy to clean.
    With the subsonic aluminum FBA it reduces down to 8 " and weighs under 11 oz.
    With a super sonic FBA is around 9.5 " and weighs 12.5 oz.
    Yup, monocores are cheaper than cones. Less efficient, but can be made lighter as well since they're less of a stressed member.

Still, you really need to decide what you want or need and find a can that meets it.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Maybe Princess Jamie will get one, eventually- and fully test it out. She is probably going to get one. We'll Wait and see. I have some confidence in this can. For my needs?

It's perfect. A pair of 20 db reduction ear -foam plugs, so you can still hear the game a walking around, and this can-- Maybe .

The boonie cap and electronic muffs are the alternative too. Lot's of choices on the market now. Find a method to try them all for your best choice . Stores, pals, ranges-?
      Last edited by sneaky one; 01-17-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• RU Grendel
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2015

I have 2 of their .30cal cans. They work great on my rifles, .22, 556, and 300blk. Still trying to get an adapter for my 3/4-28 heavy barreled Grendel though

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Who the heck threaded a barrel at 3/4"? Especially a 6.5 bore.

You'd be better off getting it cut down to a 5/8 thread.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Les
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

I have their .22 version with stainless baffles. It works as advertised. Still get a crack of course with the .17hmr but firing .22's out of a pistol is stupid quiet. It breaks down for cleaning. The original ad claimed 5 baffles if memory served, when it was finally shipped to the dealer it only had 3, they explained it got better suppression with 3. I'm not sure if that's true but it is quiet. Quality control could be better, marks/scratches where baffles stick together.
            Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• snarkscarbine
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2019

Comment

• Pro-2X
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2018

Comment

Working...
                X