X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 41bear
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

As I sit here in the Florida panhandle, enjoying my Grandkids and reaping the freedom of firearms building, buying, shooting, hunting (boy those Doe's backstraps were to kill for Monday's supper) I morn the loss of those same god given rights to some of my fellow citizens.

The only way I can help, influence, is with my dollars thus I spend NO money or time in any state with repressive, read Stupid, Gun laws. I and my fellow sportsmen welcome any and all to our Florida, Georgia, South Carolina area to help us enjoy the fruits of our labor. The game is varied and plentiful and you will be treated as if you are family.;
    Last edited by 41bear; 01-10-2018, 01:21 PM.
    "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

The state of California is specifically violating Federal law by infringing on the people's right to keep and bear arms.
      The states are not free to violate an individual's Constitutional rights. A Federal judge should rule on this.
      I believe I read somewhere the magazine ban has been halted by a court ruling. Maybe someone who knows more can comment.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
        The state of California is specifically violating Federal law by infringing on the people's right to keep and bear arms.
        The states are not free to violate an individual's Constitutional rights. A Federal judge should rule on this.
        Heh, heh. Fat chance of that happening. The federal government has been violating the Second Amendment for close to a century.

Comment

• zcostilla
          Warrior
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
          I don't believe there is any amendment allowing the Federal government to claim supremacy over firearms issues.

The fact that they have done so is related to interstate commerce.

That is why I can buy and sell firearms to other citizens in my state with only a sales receipt.
          The sales receipt is not strictly necessary but provides proof a legal sales transaction was made.

California has no state right to keep and bear arms. How convenient!
          http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm
          I wonder if an application of the “equal protection clause” of the 14th Amendment, which has been used to compel other states to recognize things like same sex marriages before the Supreme Court ruled it a right, might be used for a legal attack on the California gun ruling in this instance.
          -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• Doc78
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by coast View Post
            So let me use this example. What if a state passed the "hearing protection act". The MFG, and buyer reside in that same state.
            Would be legal.

Same as pot.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sschefer View Post
              If you live in California then here is your solution.

(a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any Korans that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained from outside of this state unless he or she first has that Koran delivered to a licensed religious materials vendor for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30312. Unless you have a 03FRL and CA CoE.(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following5) A person who is licensed as a collector of religious texts pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710

What is bad is that if I want to do an early morning hunt in California (I'm in Nevada) I have to wait for a sporting goods store to open up so I can buy ammo because I can't bring ammo into the state. I'm still not clear on whether I can buy ammo in California and then take it back to Nevada and later return with it.
              Fixed it...
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X