• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sschefer
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

Hello from Northern Nevada

Hi folks. I recently added an Alexander Arms 18" Grendel upper to my collection and was told this was the place to be regarding this rifle. I'm sure I'll learn much about this rifle here and maybe even contribute a little now and then. My Grendel is destined to be a hunting rifle and is currently scoped with a X5 Swavorski 3.25x18x50. I've been sharing a 3G lower with all my rifle uppers but recently decided that they all are unique enough in their usage that a separate lower for each was in order. I got a good deal on Anderson lowers and set the Grendel up with a Geissele SSA trigger. Haven't had it out to the range with the new lower yet but I expect it to perform well.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a great combo there.

Do you reload? Not that you need to anymore with 6.5 Grendel, but feel free to drop into the reloading section for any questions or recommendations.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sschefer
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2018

Thanks, no, I don't reload right now. I may in the future so I'll be sure to drop in at the reloading section soon.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum sschefer!

Comment

• sschefer
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

Thank you..

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum sshefer. I think you will find the other calibers will soon be relegated to the safe.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, sshefer, from the Great Nation of Texas! Looks like you are off to a great start! You have probably seen the warnings across the pages of this forum about the Grendel, they are habit forming in all the best ways or, to paraphrase from days of old, "bet you can't build just one!".

Comment

• sschefer
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2018

Thanks, the Grendel is pretty much designated as my hunting rifle at this point. My home defense is a Noveske 5.56 and my comp/3 G gun is a highly modified Bishop 5.56. I've got a Wylde build on the bench, just waiting for my barrel to arrive from JP. I'm putting an order in for JP a .224 V in a couple of day's. They are out to April for delivery on that. I have no interest in a .300 now that I have the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
                X