X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Do you have a source for brass, or are you making your own from something else? My dad bought one at a gun show cheap just because, well, it's beautiful. He knew that he'd more than likely never shoot it. It looks brand new. I don't know what it is, nothing other than it's an obvious imported hunting rifle with pretty bluing and a very fine wood stock. It's sights are interesting, kind of over-engineered to make it able to reach out further. It's got what looks like Russian markings, but they are really feint, and it may be Czech or... Hungarian? The eastern European scripts aren't my forte...

It's really pretty on his wall on display though. Next time I'm over there, I'll sneak some pics to do some more research. I lost interest when he said he would probably never shoot it for lack of ammunition sources; and a lack of the time to pursue rolling his own. He may perk up a little when I tell him about a guy on the forum shooting his...

Is this the same caliber as the 8mm Mannlicher? Hmm Google here I come...
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

KSW,

Lee seems to be limited production on dies now but they weren't when the rifles were readily available.
      Lee includes a shell holder and LOADING DATA.

Lee .329 sizer and some gas checks

I forgot you need clips which insert into the rifle and eject out the bottom on the last round unless you single load.

Enough hijacking
      Last edited by bj139; 01-15-2018, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2017

I just got mine built also. I have a 20 BCA barrel just like yours. Keep us updated on how yours shoots. Maybe I will get to shoot mine tomorrow.

Comment

• Randy99CL
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

How about a 2-months-later update?

Still haven't fired the weapon, LOL!

My excuse is that money is tight and I'm starting from zero here.
          I've spent over $550 on reloading equipment, not including over $150 for the bench. Then $250 in brass, bullets, powder and primers.
          It is amazing how quickly and easily these purchases add up! If I didn't keep a spreadsheet record of what I've spent I'd never believe it was so much.

The good thing is that I'm really close. I still need to get a shooting rest (maybe make my own from plywood) and some kind of brass catcher.

I've written in another thread that I was stunned to find that my barrel has an extremely short lead. Checking it with 4 different bullets, the COALs (0.030" off the lands) are from 2.143" to 2.217." So I'm lucky that I haven't bought any factory ammo, the bullets might have been jammed into the lands.
          I'm contacting BCA and want to get a new barrel; it's Nitrided and I don't think they can just ream it. Heard that the nitride process hardens the steel enough it will ruin a reamer.
          Checking into new barrels I like Odin Works and Faxon. Dvor has some good prices and I've got about another 12 hours to decide whether to order an Odin Works for $225.
          "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

Sorry to hear Randy. I hope BCA works to make it right.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

It sounds like yours measures about the same as mine. The Sierra 120 pH measures 2.140 to the lands. With 27.6 grains of 8208 at 2490 it will put 5 shots in to less than half an inch so for the price I'm not complaining.

Comment

Working...
              X