• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kcb38
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by monty View Post
    But BA says there have not many problems with them. They have my upper now, so hopefully this will be working soon. I will update if there is any new info from BA regarding gas port sizing.
    They're starting to get complaints on AR15.com. They seem to be willing to work with the customers to make them right though. I'll be interested to hear the outcome of your situation.
    - Kirk -

Comment

• monty
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2017

BA called on Monday about this. They said it worked perfectly for them. Then they said that they had changed the gas tube because it "did not look right". They are shipping it back to me, so we will see if it is working now.

Got a link for the thread on ar15.com?

Comment

• Crusty
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Most machinists use a complete drill index to gauge small holes because calipers are prone to measurement errors. Find the last bit that will fit in the hole (use the smooth end) and the first one that doesn't fit and you've gauged a hole measurement within an acceptable range of tolerance.

I couldn't do my own work without a drill bit index (plus a tap and die set) so I've got them on hand to use. Always tighten drill your chucks adequately so that the bits don't spin and get marred, which will ruin them for gauging purposes.
        I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• kcb38
          Warrior
          • Jun 2017

Monty I first saw mention of it at the end of this thread , saw a couple more in the BA subforum and also a few in the "variants" subforum. Poking around the interwebz I found a few more examples of BA barrels being under gassed as well. Not enough to think it's a widespread issue, but enough to see it wasn't an isolated incident either. Some of the issues seemed to be fixed by swapping in a lighter buffer and some weren't.
          - Kirk -

Comment

• tracker12
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I have a box thru the 18" group buy. The gun has functioned perfectly. Ejections and feeds were flawless and gun recoil and rebound very smooth.
            AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• maxxmojo
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2016

My 18" Lilja 319 (mid length) barrel has the .076" gas port. It seems to work the best with an H2 or equivalent buffer and ejection is a consistent 3 o'clock.

For comparison my 16" AA Incursion upper (mid length as well) works great with a standard H buffer and ejection is a solid 4 o'clock.

Not saying the Lilja is worse or anything like that, just sharing what I've observed between the two.

These results are consistent with factory Hornady AMAX and ELD-M, though I've honestly haven't noticed a difference with my reloads. I did run the 120gr PPU ammo through the Lilja and wanna say it would tend to eject more towards 3:30. I've ran Federal 90gr and 120gr through both but don't remember their ejection patterns, which more than likely means they were the same as everything else since I never noted a difference. I wanna say the Wolf 100gr steel case ejected at the approximate same place as well as I do seem to remember having to pick brass out of the same pile on the ground as the steel case.

Comment

Working...
              X