SH
    Is your Proof steel or Carbon?
    A carbon 6.5 CM
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Azgeek
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2015

Still waiting on the carbon barrel damit! FYI. Midway did send me an email on Friday that the Proof all steel 6.5 Grendel barrels are/were back in stock.

Comment

• Azgeek
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2015

Got this almost three weeks ago. The inter diameter of the handguard I purchased was too small, then attempted three crowfoot wrench set purchases (none were actually in stock), then the individual purchase of the Odin Works wrench had to be cancelled due to an out-of-stock situation. Now a lost individual wrench shipment. I give up. Maybe someday......

proof_65_grendel.JPG

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Well...its purdy.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Azgeek
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2015

That it is. Heavy profile though. Had to use a .308 birds nest I had laying around as I could not re-use the break from my old upper. Shooting this MFer this weekend no matter what! I was able to get my car mechanic to get me the crowfoot wrench to properly torque the barrel nut on my new upper. Should be here tomorrow. In anticipation of this, I loaded up a 100 round with new AA brass. 70 loaded with SMK 120's, 10 with Hornady 123 SST's and 20 with SMK 107's using 28 to 28.5 grains of XBR 8208. Will post results in a new thread.

Comment

• Trident00
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2018

I am doing my first 6.5 Gr build and found this thead while researching carrier springs and carriers.
              The JP vmos and scs h2 look like quite the ticket.
              I’m wondering if you use an adjustable gas block would there be advantages to using low mass carrier etc and throttling down the gas input at the block? Would it reduce the rate of fouling from the gasses and have other positive effects? Am I thinking about this correctly?
              Cheers

Comment

• Azgeek
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2015

I ended up just going with a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block on my build. Functions flawlessly once adjusted correctly, then tuned again after about 200 rounds. My bolt does not appear any cleaner as a result of going with this type of gas block. Recoil reduction was a wash as this build is lighter than my previous one. Could not justify the cost for the JP setup as my new Proof barrel had already put me over budget!

Comment

Working...
                X