• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sschefer
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

Happy Day at the Range

Took my Alexander Arms Grendel out to the range today. It was the first time out with it's new Anderson lower and Geissele lower parts and SSA trigger and a JP H captured carbine buffer.

The only problem I had before was mag related but that is now resolved. I removed 1/4" of packed spring from the bottom on the 4 round and dry lubed it, it still only holds 4 rounds. On the 10 round, I just dry lubed. I left both mags loaded to capacity for a week also. Both run fine now. Both are E-Lander's from Alexander Arms.

As for the rifle, it shot sub moa at 100 yards and it not only did it for me but my neighbor was also able to shoot sub moa. Now here's the good part, my neighbor has been bragging that he's going with a Creedmoor, well, that is until today.

I know there are a lot of folk making barrels for the 6.5 Grendel now but I'm going to try to talk him into the Alexander Arms. I guess I'm just old in my ways of thinking but I see it as if you can buy a rifle from the guy that invented it then you're pretty much going to get one that works. Yeah, I know the next response.. How come I don't own a Colt AR then. We all know that answer.

But there's more .... With the rifle on the bench, on a bipod, it barely moved when my buddy was shooting so I shot a triple tap at my 50 yard target and put all three in the black just a little over 1 MOA. This is going to be one hell of a medium game rifle. I've heard of folks using it for large game and it could be that it will do it but I have a mentally hard time with anything less than one shot kills.

Bottom line, I'm happy as heck with my Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel and their 130 gr Swift Scirocco Ammo.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Sounds good! Havin' fun is what it's all about.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• IescapedCali
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

Sounds like the kind of day that puts a smile on your face!

Comment

• js8588
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by sschefer View Post
        How come I don't own a Colt AR then. We all know that answer.
        Shhhh! Don't tell the guys at M4Carbine...

Comment

• wilecoyote
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Sounds like a great day and a nice rifle. I was grinning ear to ear when I shot my Grendel the first time. I really like the Grendel round. Everytime I shoot it I'm grinning. The amount of thought and time put into it's design are obvious.

Congrats and enjoy.

Comment

• sschefer
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
            Shhhh! Don't tell the guys at M4Carbine...
            Yeah, I know, my M4 kept me alive on a number of occasions but, I don't have that job anymore. It was nearly 20 years before I could even pickup an AR without thinking of it as a weapon. Today, when I look at my precision AR rifles I think how much fun they are and when I look at my Grendel, I think about filling the freezer.

Comment

Working...
            X